Bare metal epoxy primer for truck frame

/ Bare metal epoxy primer for truck frame #81  
Getting ready to paint a sand blasted steel truck frame.
Need advice on what bare metal epoxy primer to use.

Frame was rusty and needs prep work. Any professional advice for preparation appreciated.

I use cold galvanizing compound spray as a primer. If it keeps docks from rusting, it'll keep auto bits from rusting. Colored enamel paint seems to stick to it just fine.

/ Bare metal epoxy primer for truck frame #82  
You'll also find if you separate the frame, it'll have a bow to the left right where the rear wing mount was

/ Bare metal epoxy primer for truck frame
You'll also find if you separate the frame, it'll have a bow to the left right where the rear wing mount was
I think I am going to clean the existing double frame as much as I can, but otherwise leave as is, but still intrigued with the possibility of an L overlay on the outside…
Almost sounds too easy not to do at this point.

/ Bare metal epoxy primer for truck frame #84  
.....but still intrigued with the possibility of an L overlay on the outside…
If your primary concern is more one of esthetics (which I find no fault in :) ) and secondary is strength, what if you took a 120 grit or so flap wheel after you're done blasting to smooth out the rust depressions. Time you cover it with either paint/undercoating or whatever you're going to use it probably won't be that noticeable especially by the time you get some road dirt stuck to it.

/ Bare metal epoxy primer for truck frame #85  
The Taco Wagon frame was primed with some type of acid etching undercoating. Then it was finished off with a double coating of Line-X undercoating. The frame was not sprayed - it was dipped in a tank of the Line-X. For that matter - the entire underside of the Taco Wagon is sprayed with 2X layer of Line-X.

FWIW - mud sticks very well to this Line-X undercoating.

/ Bare metal epoxy primer for truck frame
If your primary concern is more one of esthetics (which I find no fault in :) ) and secondary is strength, what if you took a 120 grit or so flap wheel after you're done blasting to smooth out the rust depressions. Time you cover it with either paint/undercoating or whatever you're going to use it probably won't be that noticeable especially by the time you get some road dirt stuck to it.
I’d say mostly for strength and 40% for appearance and possible resale down the road