BANANA BALE SHAPE PROBLEMS WITH NH 570 BALER

/ BANANA BALE SHAPE PROBLEMS WITH NH 570 BALER #31  
On JD small sq balers I was taught to feed windrow into extreme RH side of pickup to give auger the opportunity to spread hay out going into bale chamber.
Interesting. On Welger balers it means that you have to gear up, because there isnt enough hay thrown in each stroke to fully fill the chamber.

/ BANANA BALE SHAPE PROBLEMS WITH NH 570 BALER #32  
My previous NH model had an adjustable back panel and it made square bales just fine in very light hay conditions, the 570 won't, V-rake is the solution.
Nine year old thread...

/ BANANA BALE SHAPE PROBLEMS WITH NH 570 BALER #33  
I have found that banana shaped bales come from the tendency to drive the tractor “off center” from the windrow of hay.
That causes the baler to pick up hay and pack more of it in on the left or right side, causing the bale to be longer on one side and make it look curved.
Catch up with the times HD!
DE6F873A-5E3E-4082-B8FF-77B8C52A8B64.jpeg

But the hay dog springs are always my first stop when I was having banana issues.

/ BANANA BALE SHAPE PROBLEMS WITH NH 570 BALER #34  
Nine year old thread...
Yepper good example of one of the reasons I think threads should be blocked from receiving any replies after about 3 months. Nothing aggravates me more than to start reading replies then get to close to last reply to determine the thread is SEVERAL YEARS OLD SIMILAR TO ME!

/ BANANA BALE SHAPE PROBLEMS WITH NH 570 BALER #35  
I have worked on & baled hay with sq balers since the mid 60's and I can't see how bale Skiis liner can cause a baler making banana bales to start making sq bales just from the Skiis being installed with no other adjustment made to baler,windrow size or travel speed. I'd sure like a demonstration. Yes I know exactly what baler bale Skiis are.
I had and sold a 575 small square bailer and never installed the plastic bale skii's either. Saw no need for them and I agree, the 500 series New Hollands require a substantial amount of product to be inputted to the packer forks to produce uniform bales. I also suggest merging windrows to all for more product to feed the baler.

I have in the past, baled scant windrows (as in 3rd cut with marginal rainfall). What I did was, merge windrows, drop the pto speed and the ground speed down so the pre chamber had enough material in it to form a properly shaped bale. The one I sold had the extra wide pickup on it and was basically an issue free bailer. Just kept it greased, knives sharp and kept it clean, blown off and stored inside when not in use. I also increased the formed bale tension (had the hydraulic bale formation on mine) so was just a matter of dialing up some more hydraulic pressure).

The only aspect I did like about the 575 was it's penchant for making an occasional longer bale. To remedy that I fabricated a clamp on weight that went on the actuator arm that applied some weight to the advancement wheel. That basically cured the long bale issue.

Good bailer btw.

/ BANANA BALE SHAPE PROBLEMS WITH NH 570 BALER #36  
Original poster has posted his solution ....9 years later. ... post # 28

/ BANANA BALE SHAPE PROBLEMS WITH NH 570 BALER #37  
Original poster has posted his solution ....9 years later. ... post # 28
That's unique that OP posted his solution BUT as usually happens A NEW MEMBER ... post #27 is actually the one that breathed life into a 9 yr old thread. Selling all my farm equipment would solve my farm equipment problems also.

/ BANANA BALE SHAPE PROBLEMS WITH NH 570 BALER #38  
Although too late in your life I'm glad you found the "Green solution" to stop making banana shaped small sq bales. And to think JD has been using that same design since the late 1950's it's no wonder the green machines aren't as high capacity as their red competition

On JD small sq balers I was taught to feed windrow into extreme RH side of pickup to give auger the opportunity to spread hay out going into bale chamber.
I did that with my 336. Got same tip from my old buddy “Cowboy Joe”. Best dang baler mechanic this side of the Octoraro River !

/ BANANA BALE SHAPE PROBLEMS WITH NH 570 BALER #39  
That's unique that OP posted his solution BUT as usually happens A NEW MEMBER ... post #27 is actually the one that breathed life into a 9 yr old thread. Selling all my farm equipment would solve my farm equipment problems also.

Then what would ‘ja do?
Chase women? :ROFLMAO:
Anyone still baling hay for “profit” at your age is a good man in my book Tx Jim.

/ BANANA BALE SHAPE PROBLEMS WITH NH 570 BALER #40  
At my age chasing women would be similar to a dog chasing a car or pickup. I wouldn't know what to do if I caught a woman:eek:!

Who stated I was making any profit($$$$)?? I just do it out of habit. This yr in the "Texas near desert" it's difficult to make any profit in agriculture