Baling Hay with a YM200BD

/ Baling Hay with a YM200BD #21  
johndeerefarmer said:
Good luck selling your hay to us southern boys. We have had a drought the last couple years but are tired of you yankees trying to make excessive profit off of us. We have gotten nearly 6" of rain in Dec so we don't need no stinking Yankee hay.........

I don't understand why he said that . :eek: :confused: Kinda uncalled for :rolleyes:

/ Baling Hay with a YM200BD #22  
kenmac said:
I don't understand why he said that . :eek: :confused: Kinda uncalled for :rolleyes:

How do we know he's even from the South, kind of embarrassing:rolleyes: .

/ Baling Hay with a YM200BD #23  
normde2001 said:

I don't know :confused: . Yes it is And, I hope folkes here don't group all people from the South. with him .:(

/ Baling Hay with a YM200BD #24  
kenmac said:
I don't know :confused: . Yes it is And, I hope folkes here don't group all people from the South. with him .:(

He's probably from California:eek: . Everytime I have business dealings with my contacts in Georgia, South Carolina, or down that way I find the people to be exceptionally polite. It is noticable, and appreciated. Some people just get a burr under their saddle....hope he finds it and removes it. Life is too short to be bitter. Now it could be he just has an a very sarcastic sense of humor? :confused:

/ Baling Hay with a YM200BD #25  
normde2001 said:

Don't feel like he is just insulting a certain group. He insults everyone. :mad: He has only made 10 posts in all different forums and they have all been very disturbing posts recieving much criticism. Read his other posts to see if you think he belongs on this forum. :( He makes some of our other negative posters sound like angels.
angel.gif

/ Baling Hay with a YM200BD #26  
I personally made no assumption about where he was from....and agree, it doesn't matter. It was an ignorant statement, regardless of his geography, and reflects on the poster alone.

/ Baling Hay with a YM200BD #27  
greatrandini said:
I thought it was a little funny! Of course the Civil war is over......isn't it?

Well, maybe officially it's over. At least Blue and Grey aren't actively shooting minie balls at each other. My paternal grandfather was born in Arkansas during the last year of the "War of Yankee Aggression" and grew up in North Louisiana during the reconstruction era. During my childhood in those North Louisiana Piney Woods (late '40s, early '50's) I recall my father cautioning me about trusting "yankees". I don't know if he was serious or not, but I suspect that he was. He opined that he didn't like yankees because "They even eat cats". Incidentally, to him, a yankee was just about anybody who came from anywhere north of about Little Rock, Ark.

The loss of that war, but more especially the "reconstruction era" that followed, had an unimaginable impact on the attitudes and inner feelings of the Southerner. It was evident in my grade school and high school education. The years between Ft. Sumter and Appomattox were passed over with little more than a reference to an "unpleasantness" that occurred in the early 1860's, but Reconstruction was covered in detail. I didn't even hear about Lincoln's Gettysburg Address until after I'd graduated from high school, but I was made well aware of the offenses committed by the "Scalawags" and "Carpet Baggers" during Reconstruction.

That attitude still shows up today in comments such as those of "JohnDeereFarmer" which are offered in a humorous vein but often have a deeper, hidden, and much more serious meaning.

"Hang on to your Confederate money, boys! The South's gonna rise again!"

/ Baling Hay with a YM200BD #28  
"Hang on to your Confederate money, boys! The South's gonna rise again!"[/QUOTE]

Now that u r in Kansas u r suppose to part your hair in the middle! No fair taking sides!

/ Baling Hay with a YM200BD #29  
greatrandini said:
Now that u r in Kansas u r suppose to part your hair in the middle! No fair taking sides!

Being as I'm now a "Jayhawk", is it ok to not like Missouri "Redlegs"?:D

/ Baling Hay with a YM200BD #30  
Tom_Veatch said:
Being as I'm now a "Jayhawk", is it ok to not like Missouri "Redlegs"?:D

Well I don't like em...of course I don't like anybody...ha