Baler belting going UP 25% Jan.1

/ Baler belting going UP 25% Jan.1 #11  
Agri Supply is running a special on net. Too bad it's 48" and not 52".
What is the price per ft from Agri-supply? I booked 10 rolls of JD Tama(green stripes) 48'' for .0259 per ft with free interest until June 2022. I don't like 52'' net nor will I ever purchase it again. IMHO green stripes on netwrap gives hay more eye appeal than blue stripes.

/ Baler belting going UP 25% Jan.1 #12  
I got a lot of compliments on my red white & blue net wrap.
This is probably my last year of round bales. Kind of a love/hate relationship
Lol
Merry Christmas!

/ Baler belting going UP 25% Jan.1 #13  
I believe it was $198 bucks for 9600 feet. It was the blue striped net which is Tama? I think. My one customer stores his outside so he wants over the edge.

Been running Kubota 52" myself. Nice orange striped net.

/ Baler belting going UP 25% Jan.1 #14  
Don't believe I've ever replaced a bailer belt yet actually. I guess it they got real old and brittle they might need replaced but never had that issue.

/ Baler belting going UP 25% Jan.1 #15  
I like the Tama 12,500.
It’s about $250/roll, but it wraps a lot of bales. Only downside is they’re a tad heavy to load. Im still “farmer strong” so no issues yet.
I think I’m going to try to make a permanent break from RBs. Just got a big square baler that can make short square bales or “cubes” with the push of a button on the monitor. :cool:
The plan is to make a 5x4x4 cube-shape bale for my horse hay customers.

/ Baler belting going UP 25% Jan.1 #17  
Whatever you do, just keep a tab on your pricing. Inputs are getting stupid.
I agree with the high price of equipment, parts & fuel ""cheap hay"" is HISTORY!

/ Baler belting going UP 25% Jan.1 #19  
I don’t think so….
Too many little guys out there making small bales of weeds for $4/bale as a hobby.
They just kill hay prices because they’re not concerned with making a living from it.

/ Baler belting going UP 25% Jan.1 #20  
There’s also rich guys farming with play money (rich wife or parents) that kill the hay market prices. They don’t care what they get for hay if they can keep “playing farmer”.
That kills the small-mid size farmer who’s farming FOR money, not WITH money.