Balance of Nature

/ Balance of Nature #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Can't believe the money spent advertising this stuff. Anyone on TBN using it? I was thinking the other day...remember when TV spots were always pushing beer, smokes or detergents? Now it is one thing or another that is going to kill all your aches and pains or make you feel 20 years younger.
I'm a "covid longhauler" and my energy level is lousy. My primary care doc shrugs his shoulders and says..."we just don't know about these long term effects of covid".
Opinions?

/ Balance of Nature #2  
Balance of nature, a dietary supplement.
You could just eat better.

/ Balance of Nature #3  
Can't believe the money spent advertising this stuff. Anyone on TBN using it? I was thinking the other day...remember when TV spots were always pushing beer, smokes or detergents? Now it is one thing or another that is going to kill all your aches and pains or make you feel 20 years younger.
I'm a "covid longhauler" and my energy level is lousy. My primary care doc shrugs his shoulders and says..."we just don't know about these long term effects of covid".
Opinions?
Sorry for your health situation. I have a sibling with the same thing. Sucks.

I'd guess you could do a better job of getting those nutrients into your body than those supplements by eating a good mixture of fruits, vegetables, and especially leafy dark green vegetables.

/ Balance of Nature #4  
My sympathies. It sucks.

I would focus on the vegetables myself. You might want to have a look at chronic fatigue and mast cell activation syndrome sites for ideas, as both disorders seem to have much in common with long Covid, but they aren't all of long Covid, either. Have you been at least tested to make sure you don't have residual virus in your blood? That, at least, has treatments.

Yes, the immune system, and immune dysfunction is poorly understood. Try to find a doctor that is actually interested in long Covid. Meanwhile, as hard as it is, take it easy.

All the best,

Peter

/ Balance of Nature #5  
Been taking it about 6 months. Do feel better and haven't had the sinus issues that I'd be fighting all the time. Yes could try to eat better. But that can be difficult at times. If you do the math on what your getting vs. the expense of the fruits and vegetables, it averages out. Have noticed that me hair and nails are going quicker than before! Good thing I can clip my own hair or the money saving would be mute!

/ Balance of Nature #6  
Opinions?
Positive thoughts/prayers for recovery.
Listen to doctor you really trust and go with your gut feelings.

/ Balance of Nature
Guys,
thx for your comments. I lost my wife to covid 11/24/21. She tested positive like 4 days after I did and was gone in 16 days. Me? it was nothing until about a month later when all of a sudden the lack of energy etc hit. She by the way was a bit of a health nut- had to get 10,000 steps a day on her Fitbit..go figure.
So as I am now a "cook"trust me, I try to "eat right". And I've always been a fresh fruit "junkie".

Peter..Thx for the heads up on "Mast"-never heard of it but found a ton of info on line and have sent a note to my primary care doc. Interesting..one of the articles mentioned that primary care docs were often clueless as to Mast and in particular link to long haul covid.

Again thank you all for your comments. As always TBN is the best!
Bob

/ Balance of Nature #8  
Sorry to hear about your wife.

I eat a lot of fruit. Banana, apple and two oranges every day. My Dr. told me to switch out one of the fruit servings for something like carrots. And be sure and eat the dark leafy greens..... so I made collard greens with smoked ham hocks! I don't think that's what he meant. :unsure:

/ Balance of Nature #9  
@Red Horse You may need to seek out an allergist, or a gastroenterologist, for expertise in "Mast Cell Activation Syndrome", aka MCAS. Many chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) clinics have come up to speed for Long Covid, but "speed" is definitely relative. I think everyone is trying hard to have solutions, but there is so little known about Long Covid, and the immune system generally that the standard of care isn't what anyone would wish.

Some blood tests can offer insights on immune status, cytokine levels, and general levels of inflammation. Note that getting a tryptase test is only useful if you are in the middle of a full blown attack, as the level fades very quickly.

Supplements like fish oil, tocopherols (tocotrienals), may help. Tylenol may help with brain fog (Acetaminophen inhibits neuronal inflammation and protects neurons from oxidative stress - PubMed). There are a number of pharmaceuticals that have some efficacy, but I think it is a bit of coin toss, as accurate diagnostics don't yet exist, so it is anyone's guess whether a particular drug will help you. Some drugs take months to show efficacy, which makes the whole recovery process slow, agonizingly slow for patients. Based on the collective experience with CFS, not ever pushing yourself or overdoing it physically, or mentally seems to be quite important.

I'm not a doctor, and this shouldn't be construed as medical advice...

All the best, Peter

/ Balance of Nature #10  
MIL is 78 has a horrible diet and there's no change that for a 78 year old.

We did talk her into getting this and she uses it and said it makes a difference.