Baked beans with smoked sausage

/ Baked beans with smoked sausage #1  

PoppaMike

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XJ2025H Kubota B7100 HST Exmark Lazer zero turn
We have been using this recipe for a while now and really enjoy it.
17C81AC0-F7A0-4974-A258-F712594C2CC8.jpeg
E898AF0D-1192-4013-B6D8-81EB5C1C5AFE.jpeg
I use more bacon (of course!) usually 4-6 slices of thick sliced and add a bit of liquid smoke flavoring while it’s simmering.
Thick, hearty and meaty with a bit of sweetness. Enjoy!

/ Baked beans with smoked sausage #2  
Sounds good. Do you have a particular sausage you like? We eat sausage fairly frequently and have a lot of venison sausage, but are also close to a German community and meat market, so we can get nearly everything.

I also love African Boerewors sausage. I'm getting ready to make another batch using some ground venison.

/ Baked beans with smoked sausage
Any good smoked sausage should work, kielbasa, andouille, etc. what ever you like best. Hope it turns out as good for you as it has for us.

/ Baked beans with smoked sausage #4  
I love sausage... down in Mexico at the moment. Enjoyed cooking up some Chorizo con Huervos. Wonder how the Chorizo would do in your dish?

/ Baked beans with smoked sausage #5  
During the winter I will make a pot of beans quite often. Each time the sauce is a slightly different recipe. I don't have easy access to spicy sausage. Next time in the "big city" I'll have to get a couple packages.
Your recipe DOES look good.

/ Baked beans with smoked sausage #6  
If you haven't discovered Woody's cooking sauce, then it's about time! It's not a BBQ sauce; it's not sweet, not too hot or not too salty. It is a great product... with amazing flavor... and really makes baked (BBQ Beans) tasty, especially with bacon or sausage. Sharn Jean uses it in her beans, and I use it on my smoked ribs; baste it on top for about the last hour of cooking.

Like I said, not too hot, not too sweet and not too salty, but it has great flavor. Lots of recipes on the internet. Mom used it 50 years ago to cook brisket in the oven.

/ Baked beans with smoked sausage #7  
Thanks... my mouth is watering and it still a couple hours at least until dinner!

/ Baked beans with smoked sausage #8  
Hey 2Lane, they don't give that Woody's away do they? 50 bucks for three bottles of concentrate! How much do you dilute it?
Have you ever used fellow Okie, Kent Rollins seasoning?

/ Baked beans with smoked sausage #9  
Hey 2Lane, they don't give that Woody's away do they? 50 bucks for three bottles of concentrate! How much do you dilute it?
Have you ever used fellow Okie, Kent Rollins seasoning?
Something's wrong here...I think I only pay about $4.00 per bottle.

And no, I'm not familiar with Kent, but I'm going to look him up.

/ Baked beans with smoked sausage #10  
Thanks, Denis. Only thing that came up was Amazon, and that was their price.
Kent does weekly YouTube videos with great recipes for Cowboy cooking.