Bad Luck!

/ Bad Luck! #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
Just got my Kubota lawn tractor fixed so I can mow the way overgrown cottage lawn.

My worst fear used to be running over a big limb or stick or similar.

Somehow after 5 minutes of run time, I ran over a short and stout piece of leaf covered structural steel which should not have existed on the property. It killed the engine. The blades hardly nicked the steel. Trying to figure out how the steel made it to my property.

The Kubota now makes a new noise while mowing, but is sure one tough machine.

Yooper Dave

/ Bad Luck! #3  
When I purchased my snow blower my dealer cautioned me about "neighbors" who might throw a piece of firewood in the path of the blower. It had happened to a couple of his customers. Some people are sad excuses for mankind.

/ Bad Luck! #6  
When I purchased my snow blower my dealer cautioned me about "neighbors" who might throw a piece of firewood in the path of the blower. It had happened to a couple of his customers. Some people are sad excuses for mankind.
Have that issue with one of my share cropped hayfields. The neighbor on the north side is a pig and throws all sorts if junk in the hayfield and of course I cannot see it until I run it over abd it usually screws up the cutter knives. The landholder is on the Township board where the field is located at and he had to take the pig to court and get a judgement against him plus he had to pay me for damages to my machines.

Believe me, I socked him hard for damages too, plus he had to have part of the field refitted and reseeded. Every time I see him now, he flips me off and I return the favor. What he don't know is I carry my Kimber full size 45 ACP in the cab with me. If he got stupid with me ever, I'd make his day right away. I'm 'equal opportunity' in that respect.

being 73 years old, I'm not about to have a physical confrontation when the Kimber can answer for me.

If he hadn't paid the damages, I'd have gotten a defiency judgement against him and cleaned his clock. My attorney loves that stuff.

Most people are very nice but there is that percentage that are scum bags. Someday, I'll take some pictures of the dump he lives in. Total white trash.