Backhoe

/ Backhoe #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
I have the possibility of getting a FarmPro backhoe very cheap. I have a FarmTrac 270DTC. On the backhoe it says 3 pt backhoe. It also has its own hydrolic reservoir and what may be some kind of roller pump on it. Do these backhoes fit other tractors or do you need to buy ones that are specifically made to attach to your brand of tractor? It has two long arms that may fit on the lower arm of the 3-pt. I didn't see a top link but I did not have much time to look at it and the grass was growing over it. Any general info about rear attachemnt backhoes would be helpful.

Thanks,
Eric

/ Backhoe #2  
Eric,
I don't know how Farmtrac feels about three point hitch backhoes, but most compact manufactures frown on them. If something breaks on your tractor because of the backhoe such as the bell housing, the tractor manufacture won't warranty it. Compact tractor in general need to have sub frame mounted hoes.

/ Backhoe
Jerry,
I take it then the backhoe would need to be designed for the tractor if it needs a subframe?

Eric

/ Backhoe #4  
Eric_Phillips said:
Jerry,
I take it then the backhoe would need to be designed for the tractor if it needs a subframe?

Eric
It is a lot easier if it is, but it wouldn't have to be. A sub-frame could be purchased from your tractor manufacture and then modified to connect to the BH. We have also had a couple of members here on TBN that have made their own subframes from scratch.

/ Backhoe #5  
Eric_Phillips said:
I have the possibility of getting a FarmPro backhoe very cheap.
Thanks,
Eric

How cheap is "very cheap"?
It could be a good buy but, they are around 50% of the price of a big name to start with. I've looked at them, never used one. The Woods, Bradcos etc. seem to be a lot better built. For the right price I'd consider it and look into getting a subframe fabbed.

/ Backhoe #6  
The new Korean backhoes are very nice and a good value. You can get them 3-point mount or sub frame.If you want to see pics go to www.chinaimporters.com. They have ...powder coated Tommy Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Backhoe #7  
Tommy -- I just missed a good used NH758C in LaGrange for $6000 ....for on my TC45 .... a new one runs close to $8k .... have you got an alternative for my TC45 that I can see & touch? I want one of those $1600 chippers too .... all waiting for me to have someplace to put 'em ... barn ... in place soon.

/ Backhoe #9  
Eric_Phillips said:
I have the possibility of getting a FarmPro backhoe very cheap. I have a FarmTrac 270DTC. On the backhoe it says 3 pt backhoe. It also has its own hydrolic reservoir and what may be some kind of roller pump on it. Do these backhoes fit other tractors or do you need to buy ones that are specifically made to attach to your brand of tractor? It has two long arms that may fit on the lower arm of the 3-pt. I didn't see a top link but I did not have much time to look at it and the grass was growing over it. Any general info about rear attachemnt backhoes would be helpful.

Thanks,
Eric
What is the digging depth of the FarmPro? That one on dBay is only 5½'. Responding to your questions,...
From what I've seen, the FarmPro is a pretty good backhoe. Some guys like ones that plumb into the tractor, but I personally like them with their own pump and reservoir. There's no chance of contaminating the tractor's hydraulic system that way...especially if it's a used backhoe.
Most 3pt backhoes are adjustable to fit most tractor's 3pt. I know the FarmPro is. Those "long arms" you mention are most likely used to fit the tractors top link hole behind the seat. You don't use the tractor's top link for connecting. There should be lift pins on the bottom of the hoe to fit into the drag links (lower lift arms) of the tractor. If you can get it for a real good price, it would be worth it. I would consider getting or making your own subframe. It is definitely an improvement over just the 3pt hook up.

/ Backhoe #10  
mikim said:
Tommy -- I just missed a good used NH758C in LaGrange for $6000 ....for on my TC45 .... a new one runs close to $8k .... have you got an alternative for my TC45 that I can see & touch? I want one of those $1600 chippers too .... all waiting for me to have someplace to put 'em ... barn ... in place soon.

Stop by and see us,I have the backhoes and woodchippers in stock.On Highway 36 between Bellville & Brenham

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales