Backhoe Backhoe thumb attachment point

/ Backhoe thumb attachment point #1  

fogish

Tractor
LS XR3135
My backhoe came from the factory with an attachment point welded onto the backhoe stick of my LB2100. Has anyone used it to mount a hydraulic thumb? I have seen pictures of the LS mechanical thumb using it, but not hydraulic. Oddly enough, the dealer and LS itself had no idea why the point was welded on there. I wanted to add a thumb anyway, so I got lucky.

One more question. I have an XR3135 H, which comes with the extra hydraulic connections on the rear. I have not yet seen a hydraulic thumb added to an XR series. Would I be able to use the second set of hydraulic connectors for the thumb?

Attachments

• 20191104_133208.jpg
    20191104_133208.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 260
   / Backhoe thumb attachment point #2  
I certainly hope that bracket is thicker than it looks...and yes, you can use the extra set of remotes at the rear of the tractor.

/ Backhoe thumb attachment point
It is 1/4". I have no idea what it is actually for, I just hoped I could take advantage of it and attach a hydraulic thumb to it.

/ Backhoe thumb attachment point #4  
I certainly hope that bracket is thicker than it looks...and yes, you can use the extra set of remotes at the rear of the tractor.

That bracket is certainly not overly beefy.
That said: If an aftermarket thumb will fit there, why not try it and see how it goes?
You will need to use bushings that tightly fit the cylinder rod end side gaps, not leaving space for any side to side slop.

/ Backhoe thumb attachment point #5  
Something like this?

IMG_1273.jpg

/ Backhoe thumb attachment point
Just like that, thanks. I guess that answers the question about it being able to handle the stress of a thumb. As long as I don't treat it like it's a full size backhoe. Now I need to find a hydraulic thumb that will fit it.

/ Backhoe thumb attachment point #7  
Just like that, thanks. I guess that answers the question about it being able to handle the stress of a thumb. As long as I don't treat it like it's a full size backhoe. Now I need to find a hydraulic thumb that will fit it.

I can see that using a hydraulic thumb may add more stress to the mounting point than a manual thumb. I could be wrong.