Backhoe BackHoe rental

/ BackHoe rental #1  

curly

Platinum Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti CK35 HST
Has anyone ever heard of dealers (or whoever) renting the backhoe's that can be attached to a Kubota? I know you can rent a backhoe if you want but just wondered if implements are also rented.

I can't see me needed a backhoe much, but it'd be nice to be able to rent one to fit my machine if needed.

/ BackHoe rental #2  
I've never heard of dealers renting such an implement. I know some rental companies rent box blades, rototillers, etc. but never a hoe...I would just rent a whole backhoe if you needed one. You can usually get one for 250 a day, and get alot of work done. Plus, you aren't risking damage to your equipment!! I rent one a couple of times a year, usually over a holiday weekend, you can get it on Saturday afternoon, and keep it until Tuesday morning, all for 1 day rental!!!

/ BackHoe rental #3  
Concur.

A proper sub-frame mounted BH requires a day's installation and modification of the tractor...probably not good business in the rental industry. You may find some back-woods rental place that has a 3PH unit, but you'd still need rear hydro lines. None of this sounds like a rental sort of thing.

I'd absolutely have them deliver whatever TLB flavor of the day the particular agency has. Probably going to be a scrubby CASE or Deere, but either will have ample capacity. Probably in the $250 a day range with a $80 or $100 flatbed delivery fee.

I almost exclusively do the "saturday morning pickup" so I can keep it to Monday for a 1 day charge. Never rented anything that big, though.

/ BackHoe rental #4  
curly said:
...I can't see me needed a backhoe much, but it'd be nice to be able to rent one to fit my machine if needed.
Renting back-hoe attachments seems to be a market no one wants to touch. And even if they did, it would probably be a small, 3 point mount with PTO driven hydraulics. The rental store would have to worry about people claiming the back-hoe damaged their tractor, etc.

It's much easier for them to just stock/rent a complete TLB (Tractor/Loader/Backhoe) that was purpose built (e.g. B26, L39, L48). BTW Even the B26 and L39 are not that easy to find in the rental market around here, which is dominated by full size TLBs which people have a harder time tearing up.

Talon Dancer

/ BackHoe rental
Yeah, that makes sense. $250 a day is not as bad as I thought. I can't see where I'd need one around the house, but sure seems like a lotta fun digging them holes:D

/ BackHoe rental #6  
I've gotten some grief for owning one...the conversation goes something like this:

Person: "What 'cha need that thing for? Own a landscaping company?"
Me: "No."
Person: "NO!?!? Gaw-lee. Must have a lot of folks paying you around the neighborhood."
Me: "Not really. It's for me."
Person: "Whuut? What, 'cha REEEECH or sumthin'? What 'cha need that for?"
Me: "Removing stumps, fixing landscaping, running pipe, other what-nots."
Person: "Sounds like ya' need to borrow my 1982 Ford Bronco and a good stout wife."

Perhaps I'm imbelishing the story a little.

I guess I'm saying that once you GET ONE AROUND THE HOUSE, you will find infinite uses for it. But renting a TLB works too. Unless you rent it for 20 days...then you've paid for a small BH. Of course a small BH doesn't have the capacity of a TLB. Whatever works for you, really. Me? I like owning my small capacity unit rather than go through the pain of saving up ALLLLL my projects and having to get them ALLLLL done in 2 days.

/ BackHoe rental #7  
KeithInSpace said:
...."Sounds like ya' need to borrow my 1982 Ford Bronco and a good stout wife."...
Why didn't I think of that option before I ordered the BH90???? :)

Talon Dancer

/ BackHoe rental #8  
TalonDancer said:
Why didn't I think of that option

Actually, I just checked. On AutoTrader, there are only 3 1982 Broncos for sale in the whole country. One of the descriptions starts, "Ugly, but runs great..." Perhaps you knew in the back of your mind that they were as rare as hen's teeth.

I haven't had a chance to check how much a good stout wife costs.

/ BackHoe rental #9  
KeithInSpace said:

I haven't had a chance to check how much a good stout wife costs.

Purchase price is low, but the upkeep can kill 'ya.

jb

/ BackHoe rental #10  
KeithInSpace said:
"Ugly, but runs great..."
Same as the ad for the good stout wife then...

Surprised you found 3... thought they'd all be rust or ash by now.