Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet?

/ Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #21  
I have a T25 w/backhoe...

Although the outrigger arms are still able to be run into, I flip the bases over so my grandkids dont hit their heads on them...

/ Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #22  
Maybe bright pool noodles cut to cover the edges, with bungies holding them together.
Possibly drop the outriggers when you park it if you think kids might be running in that area; worse case they trip over them which is way better than hitting themselves in the head.

/ Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #23  
I have a T25 w/backhoe...

Although the outrigger arms are still able to be run into, I flip the bases over so my grandkids dont hit their heads on them...
20230707_205451.jpg

/ Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #24  
And paint them bright yellow so they stand out.

/ Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #26  
Welcome to TBN! I am in the camp if possible lower the loader, Backhoe bucket and outriggers to the ground. Especially with kids around. Last thing you want is one child on the tractor playing around with the control valve levers while the other one is under a raised implement.

TBN is a lot like the rest of the internet and the world. Some rude folks should just be ignored.
Excellent point! Lower everything to keep someone else from doing it, and teach the children about safety around it. Short of locking it up in a shed, there is no way to mitigate all dangers of running into it. The implements lowered create no more risk than left in a raised position, and as K5lwq pointed out, raised implements can present opportunities for danger.
I was fascinated with tractors ever since I was very young. I loved to climb on a tractor and lower the loader. I remember getting fussed at by a friend of my fathers- he had an IH with a loader, and I lowered the bucket onto an extension cord (edge down). I never forgot that, or did it again.

/ Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #27  
   / Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #28  
There is a realtor here that uses a backhoe. Left it parked on a job. Two young boys, he didn't know them. Played on the machine and one let bucket down on the other. Killed kid dead. That's why you put it all down.

/ Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #29  
Install the backhoe shoes to eliminate catching on sharp edges. I use a chain to keep stabilizers from creep, same with bucket.

IMG_0345.jpeg
IMG_2023-7-14-084510.jpeg
IMG_0344.jpeg