Backhoe Backhoe for TC30

/ Backhoe for TC30 #1  

RodgerF

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC 30, Kubota L3901DT, RK24 with FEL and mower, Massey Ferguson 35 and 2 Farmal Cubs
I'm thinking of getting a backhoe this spring for my TC30. The hoe will be used mainly for digging drainage ditches on my property and my Uncles's farm, removing small stumps, etc. I'm also planning to start on my retirement home soon so I'll use the hoe to dig the trenches for the utilites and other small tasks.

I stopped by my dealer's in VA around Christmas and got a price on a Bush Hog 750. He was thinking around $6500.00 installed with quick disconnects for the tractor hydraulics and subframe mounted.

Browsing through the archives didn't turn up anything negative on the BH backhoe. So, what's everyones thoughts? Good backhoe? Fair price?

Thanks,

Rodger

/ Backhoe for TC30 #2  
Good Backhoe? Yes.
Good price? A little on the high side. A woods 7500 would work just as good and should be less than $6000.

/ Backhoe for TC30 #3  
I just bought a used TC-35 with a New Holland 757-C backhoe. Great backhoe, very well built with lots of power to dig that hard Georgia red clay. The only downside I have is the reach. I use my BH to reach in between trees to clear land. Wish I had just an extra foot or two sometimes to grab brush, rocks, etc. In fact when shopping for new tractors I had chosen a 758-C just for this very reason. Looking back on my price quotes the local New Holland dealer quoted me $5,850.00 for a 757-C, and $6,450.00 for the 758-C. Keep in mind these prices were buying tractor, FEL, and BH together. You could expect to pay more if you were buying them seperate.

How do you like your TC-30? That is what I almost bought new. I was down to a 30, or a 33, when the deal on the 35 came along. My quote on a TC-30, 9x3 gear transmission, R-4 tires, 7308 FEL, 758-C BH was 20K out the door.

/ Backhoe for TC30 #4  
After some research I decided with a frame mounted Woods BH 7500 with a 16" Hd Bucket. The downside to a frame mount is clearence and I did get hung up once and required a little tugg to get out but other than that It has been a real worker. I paid $5800 for the setup installed. Pic enclosed.

Chris

Attachments

• 561208-Untitled-1.jpg
    561208-Untitled-1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3,538
   / Backhoe for TC30
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How do you like your TC-30? That is what I almost bought new. I was down to a 30, or a 33, when the deal on the 35 came along. My quote on a TC-30, 9x3 gear transmission, R-4 tires, 7308 FEL, 758-C BH was 20K out the door.)</font>

That's a good price on the package. I priced with a BH and decided to hold off. I was quoted around $21,000.00. Wish I would have gotten it when I bought the tractor now.

So far mine has been great. I've dug up a few small stumps, cleared some brush and leveled a small area for an outbuilding. No troubles at all. I've just got to watch that my dad doesn't claim it as his. Seems it does a really good job of hauling firewood.

Ron and Chris. Thanks for the info. I've got another dealer to try, about 60 miles. I'll give them a call and see what they have to say. My tractor is in PA so I might look around there too.

Thanks again

Rodger

/ Backhoe for TC30 #6  
Since we are on the backhoe subject, what can I expect from my TC 30 with a hoe. I didn't buy one when I got the tractor, but now I wish I did. The soil in my area is rocky and I have numerous stumps of all sizes. I guess the main question is the hoe worth $6,000.

/ Backhoe for TC30 #7  
I think any BH would get a stump out of the ground as long as the stump weighed less than the tractor setup when it was clean. The question is how long are you willing to work on the stump to get it out? It could be a matter of days to get some stumps out if the size and type is right (or should I say wrong) . And wear is related to time of use on a BH.

It could also be that the stump or rock is beyond your moving but not finding this out until after considerable time has been spent digging /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I must say though it is a one of the best toys..... uu tools I have ever used /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just some things to consider

/ Backhoe for TC30 #8  
<font color="blue">I guess the main question is the hoe worth $6,000. </font>

$6 grand buys a lot of rental time on a mini-excavator which will run circles around a compact tractor backhoe....

But - if I could have afforded it, I would have gotten the backhoe although that would have put me with a different brand, as the New Holland hoe subframe isn't compatible with the MMM.

/ Backhoe for TC30
<font color="blueclass=small">( $6 grand buys a lot of rental time on a mini-excavator which will run circles around a compact tractor backhoe....)

I couldn't agree more. I think though, that it will work out in the long run. Right now because of the distance involved and the time constraints it would be easier to have the machine ready when I am. Not so easy to do with a rental and it seems to be getting harder to find someone to come in for the little jobs.

I got another quote today for a Woods 7500. This one is subframe mounted with it's own PTO pump. It came in at $6250. The dealer also said they just got a new price list in effective 1/1/05.

I've got one more place to try, in PA this time. So far I've tried two NH dealers and neither one suggested the NH backhoe.

Thanks for your advice.

Rodger

EDIT: Forgot to add that while comparing specs the Woods appears to be a little stronger than the BushHog unless I looked at it wrong.

/ Backhoe for TC30 #10  
<font color="blue">So far I've tried two NH dealers and neither one suggested the NH backhoe </font>

That is kind of surprising - I've heard that NH won't warranty the tractor if you put a 3rd party hoe on it. I have not confirmed it - but have heard it from a couple of NH dealers. Might be worth a call to New Holland and a thorough reading of your warranty paperwork...