Backhoe Backhoe Bucket

/ Backhoe Bucket #1  

bill18163

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710,BX1860,LA3940
Does anyone know of places online where I can look at backhoe buckets for my Kubota backhoe(BL4690)? Would like to see what they cost,info,etc. I know I could go to a dealer but I would go there last or after I saw some prices and info on the web. Another question I have is what experience anyone has had using a 24" bucket on this machine. The specs say I can use a 24" but I still would like to hear from anyone that is using one to get their input. I'm using a 16" on it now.

/ Backhoe Bucket #2  
I have not found many buckets that will fit my 4690. Been checking EBAY for over a year. Only found a couple. They went for around $300 plus shipping. I asked my dealer why they are not found used. He claims that the same bucket is used on <font color="orange"> Kubota's </font> Mini BH's. That means they get used a lot and there is a demand for them.
There are times I wish I had a smaller bucket to help get under stumps. When I am digging a large hole it would be nice to have a 24" bucket to get more dirt moved sooner. I believe that the 16" is the best all around bucket. Not to big, not to small.

/ Backhoe Bucket #3  
Forgot to mention. One of our fellow TBN'ers has a bucket on his 4690 made by Woods.

/ Backhoe Bucket #5  
Hmmmmm..... I can almost hear the phone ringing from here. Good deal for a new bucket.

/ Backhoe Bucket #6  
My woods backhoe has a Gannon bucket and it is heavy duty compared to some I looked at. Gannon Buckets /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Backhoe Bucket #7  
I have a BL4960 Backhoe with a 16" and a 24" bucket. I bought the 24" last year and only tried it once so far. It worked well, the backhoe handled the extra capacity fine and it is much faster for digging large holes. It was rather expensive at about $675 from my dealer.

ksmmoto