Backhoe Brake Master Cylinder Replacement and Bleed - Ford New Holland 555E

/ Backhoe Brake Master Cylinder Replacement and Bleed - Ford New Holland 555E #1  

Nick350

Tractor
Kubota L3301 / Ford 555E
Hey ya'll I'm back with another DIY farm repair, this time replacing the master cylinders on my 1998 555E backhoe. When we bought it the brakes were okay but a little spongey and after a bit they stopped working. We bought a pair of rebuilt master cylinders online and swapped them out ourselves. Post-change the brakes are working better then ever!

If anyone has any questions about the job feel free to ask, I hope this helps!

/ Backhoe Brake Master Cylinder Replacement and Bleed - Ford New Holland 555E #2  
Good timing. The brakes on my 555E have all of a sudden become almost useless. I mean, it seems to of happened in the last week!!!

Where did you buy the master cylinder from?

/ Backhoe Brake Master Cylinder Replacement and Bleed - Ford New Holland 555E
Good timing. The brakes on my 555E have all of a sudden become almost useless. I mean, it seems to of happened in the last week!!!

Where did you buy the master cylinder from?
I bought them from Cross Creek Tracktor Co.

It took quite some time for them to ship it, because of all the delays during ron,a but they had 2 and they both worked great. Part number is: 85805257 I paid $175 per master cylinder.

/ Backhoe Brake Master Cylinder Replacement and Bleed - Ford New Holland 555E #4  
I bought them from Cross Creek Tracktor Co.

It took quite some time for them to ship it, because of all the delays during ron,a but they had 2 and they both worked great. Part number is: 85805257 I paid $175 per master cylinder.
Thank you!!!!

What where the brakes doing that convinced you to replace the Master Cylinder? I haven't done anything on mine yet. I need to check to make sure it has hydraulic fluid first.

/ Backhoe Brake Master Cylinder Replacement and Bleed - Ford New Holland 555E
Thank you!!!!

What where the brakes doing that convinced you to replace the Master Cylinder? I haven't done anything on mine yet. I need to check to make sure it has hydraulic fluid first.
The issue we were having was the brakes would not build pressure. You could just push the pedal all the way till it stopped on the console.

That was because the seals in the master cylinder were old and not capable of building pressure so swapping them out solved the issue.

Some people rebuild them but I did not want to risk that so just bought 2 new ones

/ Backhoe Brake Master Cylinder Replacement and Bleed - Ford New Holland 555E #6  
Hey appreciate the video! I bought a new holland b95 used of course. Brakes were spongy but worked, leaked brake fluid so had to refill a small amount regularly.
I decided to replace the master cylinders which helped having your video. Got it all back together but now the brake has zero pressure. Do you think that has to do with air in the lines?