Backfilling rake

/ Backfilling rake #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
Whenever I backfill with my bucket I have a tendency to leave "bucket divots" :( not much better using the backhoe.

Back a few years ago when building our house, I welded a quick attach frame to a 3pt quick hitch in order to use my extended boom pole as a lift from my FEL, worked very well and that story with pics is on TBN somewhere. When I built it I also thought it would be a great way to use my land rake. This trench proved to be the ideal project for it. I can neatly push the diggings back into the trench, cleaning back down to the grass. Slow, as with all the rain the soil is heavy and can overwhelm.
I like it.

image-2536920824.jpg

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Backfilling rake #3  
I just bought a blank quick attach plate for my FEL. I think I will make almost the sale thing.
Great idea

Thanks

/ Backfilling rake #4  
I just bought a blank quick attach plate for my FEL. I think I will make almost the sale thing.
Great idea

Post a picture that shows more detail.

Thanks

/ Backfilling rake
HeyStan
You really don't want to see my ugly work LOL

Other members have done the same,and probably nicer. Basically just fit the two pieces back to back. One side of quick attach out, mounting side of quick hitch out. Check to ensure everything is operationally available, clamp it, tack it, weld it. oK I did spray some paint on it, but didn't take time for a good prep, now, 6 years later it kinda shows. Just another project on the list to clean up and make pretty.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Backfilling rake #6  
Okay I did mine I had a quick attach plate for the FEL ans got a quick hitch from harbor freight

002-1.jpg

094.jpg

004-1.jpg

Working on the final paint now..

097.jpg