Back to watching black and white TV

/ Back to watching black and white TV #11  
Love the old movies but hate B&W. I was just looking at a new OLED 4K TV yesterday. Man, those are sweet!

/ Back to watching black and white TV #12  
The old b&w movies on TCM are the best. My wife and I watch them all the time.

/ Back to watching black and white TV #13  
I’ve recorded than watched old TV shows when I retired 3 years ago. Gunsmoke and Perry Mason were a couple in black and white. Trivia of the day, one Perry Mason was in color.

/ Back to watching black and white TV #14  
The first TV I ever saw was in 1951, was in Warr Acres OK, outside of a bar looking in...Hopalong Cassidy movie.
The first color TV I ever saw was in the WKY channel 4 TV studio in OKC, in 1956. It was on a closed circuit set up for demonstration.

/ Back to watching black and white TV #15  
I get Grit TV on my rabbit ear 50 year old TV set....about 14 inch screen. Lot's of westerns that I have never seen still showing. It's my relaxing time in the evening....about 2 hours.

BTW.....don't have and don't want cable TV
Not really interested in westerns myself, but there seem to be a lot available on streaming channels if you have a Roku or something similar. I think Pluto has a channel dedicated to them.

/ Back to watching black and white TV #16  
I really like the 30 minute Gunsmoke shows, we usually have about a dozen or more to choose from on the DVR.

But we found Tales of Wells Fargo to be just as good, maybe even better. We enjoy that more than the old standby, Gunsmoke.

/ Back to watching black and white TV #17  
Love the old movies but hate B&W. I was just looking at a new OLED 4K TV yesterday. Man, those are sweet!
My current TVs are 4K, but no shows we watch are in 4K.

I have to admit that I do have a cable going to one from my laptop to use as a second monitor. Sure is nice.

/ Back to watching black and white TV #18  
Interesting how many of those old black & white shows were gun-oriented. Gun smoke, The Rifleman, etc. Sort of makes you understand why we like our guns here in America so much.

/ Back to watching black and white TV #19  
Interesting how many of those old black & white shows were gun-oriented. Gun smoke, The Rifleman, etc. Sort of makes you understand why we like our guns here in America so much.
Or a fistfight (those old westerns were full of them too).
Great message we're sending...the solution to any problem is violence.

/ Back to watching black and white TV #20  
Going on recollection of what I read about the history of CBS, but I seem to recall that the first color broadcast studio was at CBS in New York City and the broadcast was limited to the local area. The cameras were costly and required quite a bit of lighting which made the studio hot and required a fair amount of power.

The TV engineers of that time would be amazed at how a simple webcam can be used to livestream today.