Back ordered equipment or parts?

/ Back ordered equipment or parts? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
What’s your horror story?
I have a broken rear shock on my Ram 5500.
Ordered April 2. Going on 8 months now and finally arrived.
Luckily suspension is so heavy, I didn’t notice it was broken.
While waiting on shock, one of my TPMS sensors went belly up. Now waiting on that and it looks like a along wait

Antone else waiting on something?

/ Back ordered equipment or parts? #2  
Not currently waiting on anything, but get constant mailers from my Ford dealer advertising their service department. I think it was last Spring I had to get my son's brakes serviced - called the dealer and they said it would be two months before there was an available appointment......

took it to a local shop instead for same day service.

/ Back ordered equipment or parts? #3  
I've had to wait a few days for the right fittings for hydraulic hoses, which has never happened before. I think that I'm fortunate that it's only been a few days and that it wasn't so pressing that I was losing money from it.

With my work as a Contractor, finding materials is eating up a lot of my time. Stores don't have what I need, so I'll drive an hour to a store that does have it. Mostly it's pretty random, so I never really know if I'll find what I need, or if I'll spend the day looking for it. It's affecting my bottom line, so I'm having to charge my clients for the time I spend looking for materials, which I really hate to do.

Some of my clients will drive to get what I need to save money. Paint is a real issue depending on what they want. If matching what's already in the house, it can be a 2 hour drive each way to find a Sherwin Williams that has the correct paint in stock. One of the stores that I buy paint from told me that I just bought the very last gallon of flat white ceiling paint within 100 miles. Fortunately, more came in the following week, but it's just weird that we've become such a third world country all of a sudden.

For the last several months, I tell my clients that they need to start buying everything that they need for their remodel right now. If you see it, buy it!!! Do not wait, do not hope that it will be there. Fortunately, they understand and have a good sense of humor about it, but in my opinion, it's only going to get worse.

/ Back ordered equipment or parts? #4  
On everything up to appliance size I'm finding that I get better service ordering online than trying to buy from a dealer.
I've even been buying motor oil, winter fuel additives, and even heavy starting batteries on line. So far the delivery is less expensive than searching retail stores.
rScotty

/ Back ordered equipment or parts? #5  
Ordered a $6 part for a new out of the box never fueled pressure washer in September of last year. Part arrived August of this year. Ordered a Briggs camshaft in March, arrived 2 weeks ago. Ordered a carb for another Briggs in April and new ETA is January 2,

/ Back ordered equipment or parts? #6  
I’ve been waiting over 3 months for my new stove. I’m sure it’s sitting offshore in a container on a freighter. Luckily, we’re upgrading, so we’re not in immediate need.

I also plan on purchasing a new box blade but, it’s not a necessity so I’ll wait as long as it takes for things to calm down.

Mike

/ Back ordered equipment or parts? #7  
I have been waiting for 6 weeks now to get the furnace in my garage working. My repairman's supplier has no idea when the parts will show up. The burners are showing signs of wear, but the but the Reznor furnace is only 23 years old.

I think I will have him put the old parts back in so we can have heat while we wait for the new parts to come in.

/ Back ordered equipment or parts? #8  
Bought a front door from Lowes first week in Sept. They are finished and prehung locally and have been for the past decade here in CO. Wait time was supposed to be 4 weeks. I called at 6 weeks and they had a stack of doors but no finish paint to put on them. Ten weeks it was lots of workers out with COVID, still in line. Last week I was told it would be another 4 weeks...did I want to take the door without a finish on it? NO lol. I may be selling that house the door is for this week so it could be I have to just cancel the order and get my $2000 back.

Millwork rep from Lowes checks in with me every 2 weeks with an update..she has been great. She told me Jeldwen window orders are 6 months lead time, and every one of their manufacturing partners in doors/windows has months of backlogs.

/ Back ordered equipment or parts? #9  
I'm seeing a trend here. Online apparently works best for people doing their own work and who take the time to search for parts online. Just using google and a part number I can not only find the part, but see how many are in stock, cost, & shipping.

For traditional small businessmen like dealers, builders, and reparimen who get parts from local parts wholesalers - wholesalers who in turn buy from their traditional distributors ....that's system is not going so well.
rScotty

/ Back ordered equipment or parts? #10  
Ordered a $6 part for a new out of the box never fueled pressure washer in September of last year. Part arrived August of this year. Ordered a Briggs camshaft in March, arrived 2 weeks ago. Ordered a carb for another Briggs in April and new ETA is January 2,
Wonder if Briggs declaring bankruptcy had anything to do with the delays?