Back Hoe -vs- Excavator... Which do you prefer?

/ Back Hoe -vs- Excavator... Which do you prefer? #51  
I have a Komatsu PC75UU2 and a Kubota L39

The excavator digs, Dozers, grades, and picks up holds and loads lots ot stuff. The L39 digs slow, but is way faster than a shovel, moves material, can grade and push material if you don't ask a lot of the machine, does grapple work over longer distances than the excavator, plows snow, acts like a fork truck, and has 3pt hitch 7 PTO

I could only have one it would be the L39, but I'd sure not be able to tackle what I have done without the PC75.

If an excavator is the best machine for the job, and you use it often, getting by with even a full size TLB is a real waste of time.

PS
It is amazing what you can climb over and get unstuck with a TLB. An excavator once stuck, is stuck so bad often it cant pull itself out. A TLB can pick itself up and swing sideways out of some real hairy situations.

Last edited:
   / Back Hoe -vs- Excavator... Which do you prefer? #52  
I had a Woods 9000 on my L4630 and thought it was the cat's pajamas. Then I borrowed a friend's mini-ex and thought I'd gone to heaven! If you have perfectly uniform soil and did nothing but trench, it would be close to a draw. But here in New England with large boulders lurking just under the surface, hardwood tree stumps and thick roots in the way, drainage ditches that silt up every rain...the ability to quickly shift position to get a better angle of attack makes the mini-ex a hands down winner for me. I sold the backhoe and bought a KX-121-3S