B7610 Work Light Kit

/ B7610 Work Light Kit #1  

Buckeyeman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota T2290
Does anyone know if the optional work light kit from Kubota come with a relay in the harness? I'm hooking up a set of Hella fog lights to my ROPS and hooking into the factory connection under the seat and wondered if I need to add a relay.

/ B7610 Work Light Kit #2  
Buckeyeman said:
Does anyone know if the optional work light kit from Kubota come with a relay in the harness? I'm hooking up a set of Hella fog lights to my ROPS and hooking into the factory connection under the seat and wondered if I need to add a relay.
I've hooked up a lot of lites with out using a relay.

/ B7610 Work Light Kit #3  
Hope you have upgraded to the alternator already!!!

/ B7610 Work Light Kit #5  
Buckeyeman said:
I have a Original $$ Kubota work light for my B3030. It is low wattage and did not come with a relay. It plugged into the factory wire harness under the right side tail lamp. If I was using 2 55-watt driving lights i think i would consider a relay. I dont think the factory harness is designed for that kind of load.

/ B7610 Work Light Kit
Barnboy said:
I have a Original $$ Kubota work light for my B3030. It is low wattage and did not come with a relay. It plugged into the factory wire harness under the right side tail lamp. If I was using 2 55-watt driving lights i think i would consider a relay. I dont think the factory harness is designed for that kind of load.

I called the dealer and the mechanic said the single 55 watt work light that comes with the kit pulls 4 amps, and they don't use a relay. I'm going to add a relay to my set-up though.

Thanks everyone!

/ B7610 Work Light Kit
Need help...., please!!

I tried hooking up my lights to my tractor and I keep blowing the 20 amp fuse for the work lights. Something is definitely wrong with the way it's wired. I'm using a Bosch 5 terminal 30 amp relay.

Terminal #30 - I have going directly to the battery with an inline fuse.
Terminal #86 - I have going to ground.
Terminal #87 - I have going to the positive side of the lights.
Terminal #87a - blank.
Terminal #85 - I have going to one side of the 2 terminal toggle switch.

I have the wire under the seat (optional work light) "Ignition On" going to the other side of the switch.
The ground wire from the lights are going to a ground too.

Should I be using a 3 terminal switch?

I've tried every different way to wire things with no luck. If I wire the lights direct from the wire under the seat to the positive side of the lights they work.

Thanks in advance!

/ B7610 Work Light Kit #8  
I'm not sure this will translate but here it goes. You need the hot wire from the worklight harness to send power to engage the relay.The worklight wire should go to your switch then from your switch to the relay.The actuall power should be from your power you have going to the batt. I'm not sure where to find the diagram for your relay. Maybe someone else here can draw it out or explain it more clear than I.

/ B7610 Work Light Kit #9  
circuits.jpg

Maybe that can help??