B7610 Horn Install Question

/ B7610 Horn Install Question #1  

Buckeyeman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota T2290
I want to install a horn on my B7610, so I purchased a Kubota Work Shop Manual and it doesn't show you how to remove the meter panel and panel under cover. The only photo is shown on pg. 7-S6 of the steering section, but it doesn't tell you how to remove these pieces. Does anyone know how to take this apart without breaking anything? Can the center button on the turn signal switch be used for a horn button?

Please help!
Thanks

/ B7610 Horn Install Question #2  
Hey Buckeyeman,

I had to partially disassemble the dash when installing two switches for my snowblower. I removed the one screw on top of the dash then, using a couple of thin screwdrivers I pried the two plastic pieces on top apart. There are two holes on top of the dash which allow for this.

I've actually removed the cover twice without any damage. Just go slowly and carefully.

Good luck!
Keith

/ B7610 Horn Install Question #3  
I had to get under the dash to install the alternator upgrade on my B7800. Do exactly as Keith says and you should have no problem.

/ B7610 Horn Install Question
Stoweski said:
Hey Buckeyeman,

I had to partially disassemble the dash when installing two switches for my snowblower. I removed the one screw on top of the dash then, using a couple of thin screwdrivers I pried the two plastic pieces on top apart. There are two holes on top of the dash which allow for this.

I've actually removed the cover twice without any damage. Just go slowly and carefully.

Good luck!
Keith

Hi Keith,

I tried doing everything you said in your post with no luck. Are there clips behind the covers?

/ B7610 Horn Install Question #5  
Buckeyeman said:
Hi Keith,

I tried doing everything you said in your post with no luck. Are there clips behind the covers?

Hey buckeyeman...

Yes, there are five clips holding the two pieces together.

Here are a few picts to help you out. I only used one screwdriver and it seem to work fine... maybe that's because it's been apart before?

1. Stick the blade of a small screwdriver in the holes on top of the dash, one at a time, and pry back toward the rear of the tractor. This is the part where you have to be most careful if you don't want to scratch the plastic.

2. You should see the entire lip that is under the dash plastic. In my first pict it only shows part of the lip because the other hole hasn't been pried apart.
In doing this it is possible that the middle clip will come unattached, but unlikely.

3. Push the screwdriver into one of the holes (preferably the one closest to you) and make sure it reaches the white plastic below the hole. You may need a smaller screwdriver so the sides of the plastic don't hit the screwdriver. When you have reached the white plastic pry toward the front of the tractor. This should release the top middle clip. You should now be able to grab the top of the dash cover and pull it toward the steering wheel releasing the other four clips. Be careful, it is possible that a clip may fly off. If you look at my third picture you will see three clips... well, two clips and the slot for the third. Unfortunately when I removed my dash a few minutes ago I popped one of the clips off. It's either in the tractor somewhere or on the floor. I couldn't find it. However, I did find a nice place for a mouse nest. I thank you for having trouble. Because of you I was able to remove a nice sized nest from the dash. :rolleyes:

This should solve your problem. Oh, the dash cover pivots on the bottom so make sure when you reinstall it you hook it on the bottom and then snap the side and top clips back in. Also, the boot that is around the steering column can be put in after the dash is back together.

Keith

Attachments

• Dash 1.jpg
    Dash 1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 294
  • Dash 2.jpg
    Dash 2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 231
  • Dash 3.jpg
    Dash 3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 227
I finally got it. After removing the meter panel I saw the 5 retaining clips. I was so afraid of breaking something that l didn't want to force it. Yeah I see what you mean about damaging the plastic with the screwdriver.

I think I'm going to mount the horn button on the side of the panel under cover next to the FEL control lever so you don't hit it with your knee.

I am very disappointed in the detail of the Work Shop Manual for what it cost $$. :(

Thanks Keith for all your help.

/ B7610 Horn Install Question #7  
Hey Buckeyeman...

Any chance I could get a copy of the wiring diagram for the 7610? I've never seen one for it but I'd like one for future use. I'm guessing that the shop manual would have that in it... if it's not too much of a pain.
Thanks!
Keith

Stoweski said:
Hey Buckeyeman...

Any chance I could get a copy of the wiring diagram for the 7610? I've never seen one for it but I'd like one for future use. I'm guessing that the shop manual would have that in it... if it's not too much of a pain.
Thanks!
Keith

I PM'd you!