Price Check B7500 Price??

/ B7500 Price?? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have 5 Acres I finish mow and do a little light blade work
Just sold my old 8N and am looking at a B7500 I have two dealers nearby and both priced within $100 and best price was $8750 is that a good deal???

/ B7500 Price?? #2  
MATT,
Are you looking at B7500 HSD or DT?
By the sounds its a fair price,and I'm going to guess the B7500 doesn't come w/ the front loader at that price.

Have some fun while doing your home and ask as many question at both dealerships./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Stay safe and/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ B7500 Price??
Sorry yeah its the B7500DT and the price was tractor only.
Never owned anything tractorwise but the old 8n been steered toward the Kubota by lots of folks so I belive it will be the new tractor to take over.

/ B7500 Price?? #4  
Matt, if you're young, strong, and like the exercise, that's great./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Otherwise, you really ought to be sure whatever you buy has the HST transmission and power steering.

Bird

/ B7500 Price??
Well it depends on your perspective on young......strong....was in your old line of work (Bird)for ten years in large metro and left due to a medical so kinda beatup.....But I have been so used to the old ford for so long I probably would think I was in tall cotton.

/ B7500 Price?? #6  
Matt - The price seems fair. I bought a 7500DT in Oregon about three months ago. I paid about $100 less. Mine has power steering and so should yours. An enjoyable machine that has done everything I've asked of it.
Ed

/ B7500 Price?? #7  
Matt, I've driven some of the old Fords just a little bit, and you're right; the B7500 will be a big improvement. I bought a B7100 in 1995 (no power steering, but did have the HST) thinking it would probably last the rest of my life (and it would have), but then traded up. If you have a lot of maneuvering to do, forward and back, I'd just hate to have one without both power steering and HST, but that's personal preference. If everyone felt that way, they wouldn't be building and selling the gear tractors. Good luck with your shopping.

Bird

/ B7500 Price?? #8  
And not everybody feels that way. I usually go several hours without changing speeds or direction and guess I am glad they didn't make a hydro for mine, or I might have bought one and wondered how I was ever going to get it going the same speed all the time. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif It would be handy for box blade work, though, but that is a small percentage of my usage. A hydro would probably not be a big seller for Ag tractors, but power steering sure is, particularly with a loader.

/ B7500 Price?? #9  
Like I said, different strokes for different folks. I've spent a fair amount of time helping neighbors cut, rake, bale, and move hay with a geared Oliver and White, and just a tiny bit with a John Deere powershift. There's a place and use for all of them, but the only time I go long distances and times at a constant speed is brush hogging, and the speed set on my HST works just fine for that (and I can then use the brakes for turning also when I want to). But the vast majority of what I do with my tractor requires very frequent changes of direction and speed, and there's just no substitute that I know of for the HST. I LOVE IT!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ B7500 Price??
I decided to go with the DT...on my place I am used to mowing it a certain way and pretty much most of it is just selecting the gear for the speed I want and away I go for about two hours ( wife likes to mow around the house with her little rider) Iam real excited they will deliver thursday so I cant wait to play....ooops I mean get to work with it!!