B7100 mid mower mounting. HOW?

/ B7100 mid mower mounting. HOW? #1  

canucklehead

Gold Member
Tractor
1979 Ford 1500, Toro 455D 10' mower w/ Renault diesel,
I have a B7100 HST 4x4. I bought a RCK-54 -71B mid mount mower deck. It was off of the other B7100 when I got it. I have no idea how it mounts onto mine. I have a front hydraulic operated blade set up and think I might have to remove the blade to get the front "hanger" (?) to set up. Disconnecting hydraulic hoses looks confusing as they don't appear to be quick-disconnects. So how do I disconnect and not have fluid spew all over?

And the linkage arms from deck to wherever they go...? I assume they somehow feed around to rear PTO so I can lift and drop deck?

I see where the deck PTO will hook up to my mid-PTO mount (currently covered up one bolt and a protective case). But there is also what appears to be a mid frame brace right in front of this PTO connection. Do I need to remove brace?

Better yet...does anyone have one of these mounted and could they post or send me pics? If you would be so kind to PM me, I could send you my email address and you could email the pics to me, if that's easier. I'd like to see all the mounting points and those linkage arms on the deck, and on the other mounting end (3 pt hitch?).

Here are some pics of my confusion:

this one is front blade mount. I think I have to remove this in order to connect the mid mower "hanger" ??

This is the mid frame brace near the PTO. Do I need to remove this brace so the driveshaft won't rub against it, or does the driveshaft have enough clearance with the U-joints?

Here is the mower deck. The long piece piece hanging at the front is what I refer to as the "hanger"

These are the 2 link arms I think somehow connect to deck and then to 3 pt hitch. There are 4-5 holes on each of these arms that look like they hang on pins somewhere.

Here is a closer pic of one of these link arms:

And last pic.... the 3 pt hitch/rear

/ B7100 mid mower mounting. HOW?
Bump. Anyone have a B7100 with a mid mount mower? Thnx!

/ B7100 mid mower mounting. HOW? #3  
I had a B2200 and now have a B2620 and they used the three point hitch mechanism to raise and lower. Not sure if that is how yours works but worth looking into that. The front has rods that snap into place in holes in the frame.
Good luck!

/ B7100 mid mower mounting. HOW? #4  
   / B7100 mid mower mounting. HOW?
thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I'm sure it's simple once you know!! Also wondering about having to remove my blade and thinking I may have to. AND those blade hydraulics...I guess that whole set up would need to come off, because I don't see "quick connects" ? Or I cap them off somehow? Frustrating, I had hoped to not have to do so much work to switch back and forth.