B7100 - It's there this time

/ B7100 - It's there this time
Re: B7100 - It\'s there this time

This is photo number two. I know there's an easier way to do this, I mean Harv does it all the time.

Bob Pence

/ B7100 - It's there this time #3  

Bob -

Wonderful pictures. Now we can see your pride and joy and a little of where you live. I love it!

Don't see a driver on that fine machine, though. Seat belt problem? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Also, in that first pict, I was distracted by the tools hangning on the wall in the background. How exactly to you attach these to your 7100?

As for posting multiple picts in one post -- I cheat./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

If you have disk space on a server somewhere, you can upload your pictures there and refer to them from your message using the "image" or "url=" markup tags that Muhammad provides. Don't worry about it, though. You're attachments come through bright and clear.

HarvSig.gif

/ B7100 - It's there this time #4  

Bob, that machine sure looks familiar, but it's been a long time since I've seen any of that white stuff on the ground./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ B7100 - It's there this time #5  

Bob,
Indeed the B7100 working little mule. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Did you have any problems like popping fuses when adding on the lights?

Oh I can still remember my grandfather sharpening the sickle like you have hanging on your barn.
I think those hand held sickles were replace with rotary mowers. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ B7100 - It's there this time #6  

Bob, nice looking little workhorse! As well as another of those nice looking shelters!

Thomas, I really didn't have any fuse problems when I added the lights to the B7100. There was a thread either here or on the previous board that talked about generators, dynamos, and computing their output. I sat down with the electrical schematic for the B7100 and figured out that if I removed the origninal equipment head lights I'd have lots of power available to run the bigger lights I installed. As I recall I had amps to burn (so to speak). The rear light wasn't a problem as the tractor was already wired for that and I just hooked up. The dynamo output had me worried at first, although I've never blown a fuse or even had the lights dim during operation. The original plan was to insert the lamps into the holes the orignal headlights used, but I just couldn't find anything to fit. I tried to replace the original H/L bulbs, and that didn't provide the lighting I was really after.

The old tools hanging on the barn came from my folks place where I grew up. Funny you noticed the old sickle. I spent more than a few hours on the operator end of that beast. I remember being told that it would make a man out of me if it didn't kill me first. The long one-man cross cut saw is even more interesting to try and use.

Bob Pence

Harv, I'm still working on attaching the sickle to the 7100. Got to be a way.

Bob Pence

/ B7100 - It's there this time #9  

Bob, out of curiosity on your head lights, did you look at the aircraft landing light bulbs? I've got one non-worker on the front of mine, and the other is very dim compared to an automotive head lamp. Looking at the size of the lamps, I was thinking of comparing the aircraft lamps as possible replacements. We used to use them in spotlights when I worked law enforcement. Shucks, may be over-kill!

/ B7100 - It's there this time #10  

Very nice looking tractor, Bob.

I was about to ask what you did to restore the paint and decals (which I need to do on my B6100) then looked at your profile and realized that you have a "reintroduced model (post 1990) B7100" not the 1978-80's vintage like my B6100.

Nice storage shelter, too. Is that T1-11 siding? If so, what is the finish; paint or solid color stain? I need to put a finish on mine and am looking for the longest lasting.

Bill