B7100 - Front End

/ B7100 - Front End #1  

bpence

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100 HST - 1995
This photo shows the headlight replacements I put on the B7100 as well as the tiltmeter mounting. Also, the grille was home-crafted from hardware wire, bent to fit the existing opening and lined with black aluminum screen to filter the dust and debris, and then held in place with four springs. The front weights were from a garage sale for $3. Although the weights only total 80 lbs, they are enough to counter balance the back blade, but not enough for the bush-hog.

Bob Pence

/ B7100 - Front End #2  
Bob, I'm glad you clarified the weights. In your original picture I thought it was a front PTO/drive pulley of some sort. Looks like a dandy rig, congratulations. I also noticed a camper in your other photo. Seems tractors and campers must be a good match. I wonder how many other tractors share barn space with a camper?

Rob

/ B7100 - Front End
I'll bet the tractors share with either a camper, a boat, or snowmobile. I think everyone in Michigan has at least one of those...some folks combinations of them.

Bob Pence

/ B7100 - Front End #4  
Bob, where in Michigan? Our property is in Edwardsburg and we currently live a short tractor drive away in Granger, IN. And our camper is sadly tucked away for the winter in Berrien Springs.

Rob

/ B7100 - Front End
We live between two little towns called Ortonville and Goodrich, about halfway between Pontiac and Flint (southwestern Lapeer County if you look at a map). Kind of at the base of the thumb area. It's still pretty rural and there are many thousands of acres of State land adjacent to us and also nearby. If you have to live in Southeast Michigan, I think this is one of the better areas.

I have a friend who lives near Edwardsburg. If you turn out of his driveway and go south, it's less than 100 yards to the Indiana border. He thinks they should move the State Line about 100 yards north so his taxes can go down.

Bob Pence