B7100 front driveshaft

/ B7100 front driveshaft #1  

Boganism

Tractor
None
Hi all, does anyone know the approx price for a front driveshaft for a b7100 hst? I've found one online (tractor) for 3k aud but it needs a front driveshaft, and I was considering purchasing it but I'm worried about the parts cost

/ B7100 front driveshaft #2  
I hate buying things like this. When the seller says all it needs is...

Normally that is just the beginning. If that is all it needs, why not replace it and sell it for more money?

/ B7100 front driveshaft #3  
Does it just need a driveshaft or was the driveshaft removed because something else is broken?

Here in the US I usually start with Messicks when looking up Kubota parts. Since I think you're in AU that may not be useful for actually purchasing for you due to shipping but might get you an idea of the cost.

The other place, which may do better on an old machine like this that's not supported by dealers as much, is ebay.

/ B7100 front driveshaft #4  
Sure it's not the sacrificial coupler that is shot? Usually the case. The coupler is soft and the driveshaft is harder so the coupler fails. It's a 50 buck part at any Kubby dealer.

/ B7100 front driveshaft #5  
Hi all, does anyone know the approx price for a front driveshaft for a b7100 hst? I've found one online (tractor) for 3k aud but it needs a front driveshaft, and I was considering purchasing it but I'm worried about the parts cost
Buyer beware.

Good advise above.

/ B7100 front driveshaft #7  
My nephews driveshaft failed because the trunions on the axle wore out, the axle was rotating clockwise/anti clockwise as he would work back and forth. As we removed things to get to the known failed driveshaft, we found a real can of worms. Kubota parts worth more than tractor so we got a local machine shop to rebuild the worn axle housing and trunion ends before replacing shaft and coupler.

/ B7100 front driveshaft #8  
The axle trunions should not wear out if you keep them greased. On both of one there is a front and rear grease fitting that lubricates them as well as a take up bolt on the front for preload.

/ B7100 front driveshaft
I hate buying things like this. When the seller says all it needs is...

Normally that is just the beginning. If that is all it needs, why not replace it and sell it for more money?
Yeah that's exactly what concerned me, and after the seller didn't even get back to me I've just decided to bite the bullet and look at newer ones. Especially after finding out about the many horror stories of multiple 1000's needed for faulty machines it just feels safer to go new

/ B7100 front driveshaft
Does it just need a driveshaft or was the driveshaft removed because something else is broken?

Here in the US I usually start with Messicks when looking up Kubota parts. Since I think you're in AU that may not be useful for actually purchasing for you due to shipping but might get you an idea of the cost.

The other place, which may do better on an old machine like this that's not supported by dealers as much, is ebay.
Well, atm they haven't even responded so I'd assume it was broken for another reason, so I ended up deciding to bite the bullet and buy new. Alot of people have mentioned buying a 6-7000$ machine, later for it to cost double in just repairs to fix