B7100 3 Pt. Hydraulic Problem

/ B7100 3 Pt. Hydraulic Problem #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hopefully someone out there can give me a clue on my hydraulic problem on my 1993 B7100. The 3 point hitch usually works fine, but sometimes it will not lift fully, even jerking like a pressure relief is being actuated.

The problem has been there since it was new, but started as very infrequent and has gotten worse. I can sometimes get it to lift by actuating the front end loader hydraulics. This seems to make it snap out of it, what ever "it" is.

I suspect that I have a metal chip floating around, but knowing where to look would sure save a lot of trouble! Thanks for any advice or guidance.

/ B7100 3 Pt. Hydraulic Problem #2  
Tom, when I had a B7100, a couple of times the 3-point would not lift, and I found that just by wiggling the joystick for the front end loader, the 3-point worked right again. In other words, the valves in the loader were obviously sticking partially open, but so little that the loader wasn't moving. I know some other people have had the same problem. When you use the loader and are through, you might try just wiggling the joystick a bit to make sure it's centered. Of course, I also cleaned the rods where they enter the front end loader valve and sprayed a little WD40 on them.

Bird

/ B7100 3 Pt. Hydraulic Problem #3  
Tom,
Have you check implement lifting and lower limits?
You should have a interlock rod you may have to make adjustment.

Is the directional control valve facing in the direction?

Maybe a hydraulic fluid and filter change might help.

You mention that there might be a metal clip floating around...I hope not inside. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

I would be very interested in your out come.

Take care and good luck.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ B7100 3 Pt. Hydraulic Problem
I think Bird has got it. It definitely is tied to the front end loader in some way, as jiggling the joy stick makes a huge difference. I'll try the WD40 and clean up routine and see if that does it. Thanks to all that offered help, what a great group!

/ B7100 3 Pt. Hydraulic Problem #5  
You might want to change the hydraulic fluid and filter and clean the screens. Also, if you extend the hydraulic cylinders all the way on the front loader, clean them real well, and coat with WD40 or an equivalent, that might help. Do the same thing with the cylinder that runs the loader controls.

Bob Pence