B7001 / B7100 parts

/ B7001 / B7100 parts #1  

Anonymous Poster

I believe I have a B7001 tractor. It appears to be little problem getting parts since the equivalent is a B7100.............BUT, many parts require a serial number for old/new and I can't find an approriate number to match with the serial number "break".

My tractor has a number on it as follows: B7001-65615. Is this an old or new B7100?

Thanks.

/ B7001 / B7100 parts #2  
just bought a B7001 grey machine and have a B7100 parts manual. B7100 machines were manufactured over a long period of time. There is a newer and an older series using some different part numbers. ie like the fuel cap I just replaced. The B7001 parts probably correspond to the early series B7100. Your dealer probably is referring to the newer series parts book.

If you need extracts from my B7100 October 1978 parts book to help please email me (Unfortunately I will be going away skiing next week and will not be around for a week).

/ B7001 / B7100 parts
Care and common sense is always required when crossing over parts from B7001 to B7100.These tractors look the same but have several detail diffrences eg, speed control, PTO shaft, overrun clutch within gearbox, PTO guards etc.

We have found that B7001 seem to be more the earlier series B7100. and also if parts have been superceeded, the newer part generally fits anyway.The serial number is not often critical when ordering parts and as such owners are able to keep them running for many many years.

They were current about 20 years ago and were so good that Kubota re-released them after they were first discontinued.
Here in Australia I heard they were sold new as recently as last year, but I think they are no longer available new.