B2910 Trailer Size

/ B2910 Trailer Size #1  

JohnSr

Tractor
Kubota B2910, GR2100
After reading a lot of posts on this forum I have decided to purchase a B2910. I am getting the TLB package and was wondering what the best trailer size would be to haul the TLB comfortably.

Initially I planned on getting an 18' bumper pull flatbed but recently came across a good deal on a 14' gooseneck dump body trailer. It sure would be nice to have a dump trailer! If I transport w/ the loader bucket resting on the upper deck of the gooseneck would that be enough room?

Thanks,

John

/ B2910 Trailer Size #2  
Might be a bit tight. I've got a 2910 with loader and BH and it just fits on a 16', 7000lb GVWR trailer. Keep in mind that you need some extra room to position the tractor on the trailer so your weight distribution is correct, or the trailer will not tow properly. If the trailer is just big enough to fit the tractor, you'll have no positioning flexibility.

/ B2910 Trailer Size #3  
JohnSr: ... I don't know if the 14' would work for you.
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Here's my 2710 TLB on a 18' @ 10,000 flat bed ( it's comfortable ) and
enough room to position the load safely. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I've Recently added a WD Hitch and have noticed improved towing & handling. Good Luck !

Attachments

• 425466-Rig-trailer.jpeg.jpg
    425466-Rig-trailer.jpeg.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 357
   / B2910 Trailer Size
Thanks for the replies... It does appear that the 18ft is just right. From what I have read it seems that the gooseneck is the way to go for handling as well as load distribution. I was thinking that it might be distributed well enough w/ the loader resting on the upper deck. I guess the only way I would know would be to find someone w/ a similiar setup or to "test drive" one somehow...

John

/ B2910 Trailer Size #5  
I do not see binders on all four corners... Maybe I can't see them from the photo angle?

I just found that, in Calif at least, the load has to have four independant restraints; ie a binder or ratchet strap on each corner. That was Calif Highway Patrol quoted from both Ca vehicle code and DOT regs.

/ B2910 Trailer Size #6  
Robert N: ....Yes they ( I only use 2 ) are hard to see in the pix. (see close up) /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Everyone should see what local/state regs are for where they live. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm considering using two more. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Attachments

• 425851-Trailer tiedown.jpeg.jpg
    425851-Trailer tiedown.jpeg.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 188
   / B2910 Trailer Size #7  
How do you like the ratchet binders? I have only used the other cam over style.

Yes, checking local and national regs is best for a particular area. I was oblivious to how to legally, for Ca, chain or strap properly.

I did notice the strap over the backhoe though /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I found out that the hoe, and the bucket if it can lift more than 12' had to be strapped. I thought, how could the loader float up on the road??? Turns out, the problem had been with guys leaving thier tractor running on short moves. The loader joystick would bounce around as the trailer/tractor hit bumps, and would enge. It raised, and would whack power lines,, bridges, ect /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ B2910 Trailer Size #8  
RobertN: ....I like the ratchet binders. They are easier to readjust on the road, you don't have to grab a new link to tighten the shifting load.
Just crank (tighten) a couple notches on the ratchet and drive on.

<font color="red">Turns out, the problem had been with guys leaving thier tractor running on short moves. The loader joystick would bounce around as the trailer/tractor hit bumps, and would enge. It raised, and would whack power lines,, bridges, ect </font> ....Can't imagine anyone doing this.