B2650 under powered when loaded?

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #21  
I've loaded the heck out of my B2601 and never noticing lack of power uphill or otherwise. Loaded tires, box blade as ballast and bucket full of gravel or heavy load on forks no issues. I generally run in M and about 2200 RPM. I don't know how much extra weight is in your cab but that's the only difference I know of between the 2601 and the 2650.
Typically when you are working your tractor hard with front end loader work, running in low range is preferable. Finish mowing and rotary mowing depending on grass height medium range is preferable. Regardless of hydrostatic or gear. Never heard any one running out of horse power in low range rather they are losing traction. Your operators manual will outline ranges and gear selection for noted equipment. Golden rule don’t lug a diesel select range down keep rpm’s up if working the tractor hard. One last passing thought pay attention to your radiator these smaller cubic diesels heat up fast under load. Keep screen clean and remember to change antifreeze per manufactures requirements. The pH level changes over time. Well maintained tractor will last you lifetime. I maintained Kioti for 17 years before I traded it for new cabbed tractor.

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #22  
To the best of me the implements i have are sized for this tractor, i wonder if i went up to the B3350 if the issue would be better? or maybe to a L tractor i could use more weight epically in the front.
Unless they have changed the 3350 avoid them entirely do a search lots of problems my brother had one it was a nightmare luckily he had a good dealer took it back and gave him a 2650 that has been a good tractor for him.

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #23  
Unless they have changed the 3350 avoid them entirely do a search lots of problems my brother had one it was a nightmare luckily he had a good dealer took it back and gave him a 2650 that has been a good tractor for him.
Most of the issues with the 3350 have been resolved, though it took some time and owners must insist that updates, etc., be performed, and dealers may well resist. There will be no notifications from Kubota.

More importantly, Kubota has extended the warranty of the reformer (source of most serious emissions issues) for the life of the tractor, regardless of owner. Warranty covers warranty, other emissions components damaged by failed reformer, e.g., DPF, labor, etc.

I had plans to replace my B3350 before the standard 5-year emissions warranty expired but have now decided to keep it. Where else can one get a lifetime emissions warranty?

SDT

Last edited:
   / B2650 under powered when loaded? #24  
I've loaded the heck out of my B2601 and never noticing lack of power uphill or otherwise. Loaded tires, box blade as ballast and bucket full of gravel or heavy load on forks no issues. I generally run in M and about 2200 RPM. I don't know how much extra weight is in your cab but that's the only difference I know of between the 2601 and the 2650.
Cab adds nearly 500 Lbs. to 2650.

Last edited: