B2650 Observations

/ B2650 Observations #1  

beckmurph

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610 TLB
LA534: Very smooth response. Far better than the B3200 that I had. :thumbsup:

Fuel consumption: With 10 hours on the tractor since new 05/15/15 it has used less than 5 gallons of fuel. About 4.5 gallons. About 7 hours cutting brush and heavy weeds with a Woods BB48. About 2 hours tilling the "garden" with a LandPride RTR1258.

Position Control: A huge improvement over the 1/4 inching valve on the B3200. Pick the number on the control, put the little knob at that setting, and your can raise the 3pt hitch and then lower it, and it goes back to the same level. No looking over your shoulder to see if the implement is too high or too low. Set it and forget it.

3 Point Hitch: I am so use to the turnbuckle style lower links, that the lower links with the pins are somewhat of a pain.
Positioning the tractor to the implement is easier, due to the stabilizers not moving. But trying to get
the holes to line up on the lower links is not as easy as just turning the turnbuckles. I am just not used
to them yet.

Electronic dash: No gauges. Little bars to look at and try to figure out how much fuel you have, or how warm or cold
the engine is. :confused2: And they are hard to see in the bright sun. Gauges, like on the B2301/06 are far easier to see.

My neighbor remarked on how quiet the B2650 is.
I really don't care for the treadle set up on the hst. I am use to the
set up on the B3200, with the peddles close to the platform, and more room for your shoes.
This tractor starts a lot easier, and I don't get the choking exhaust fumes like on the 3200.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 1,368
   / B2650 Observations #2  
Thanks for the observations. I am looking at the B2650 and the B2601 also. Maybe the B3350 but I don't think I want the Tier IV. Other than the basic size differences are there other factors that were important to your choice? 48" the best size for brush hog and box blade...and maybe a grapple...or can some be a little wider? I think I am going to skip the MMM and just mow with a $2K lawn tractor until I decide if maybe a finishing mower or a flail mower would be a good addition after I go though the learning curve.

Post pictures and keep us posted on how the B2650 work out. Did you consider the B3350 at all?

Thanks...Tom R

/ B2650 Observations #3  
I traded my 2620 for a 3350 cab in April and the only thing that is a tad worrisome is waiting for my first regen. I too was worried about the tier 4 engines but decided to go for it as I wanted a cab for winter work and needed the extra horse power. So far I have not been disappointed with my decision. One thing going for me is that my dealer is but 10 minutes from the house and can get here in a heartbeat if I have a problem. He has been very responsive and has great folks working for him.

/ B2650 Observations #4  
I just wish mine would get here. Dealer says is in shipment, but was hoping to have it home by today. Looks like next week now. Such is life. I have a B2650, R4 tires, loader with detachable 54" bucket, Detach manual 6' front blade, 60" MMM, ballast box, and RTR1258 land pride tiller ordered. Beckmurph, how did that tiller work on the 2650? HJT

/ B2650 Observations #5  
It will be interesting when we get more B2601s out in the field. Anyone have any "feel" from testing both? Curious as to "feel" and what are the differences "in use" of the two models. I am leaning toward a B2650 just due to slightly higher weight and most operating stats...ie loader capacity, etc. However, I also will be working in woods and field where slightly smaller footprint might be an advantage.

Overall they appear pretty comparable? Thanks Tom R

/ B2650 Observations
TMR
I had the 48" from the B3200. In 15" grass the 2650 handled it with no problem. The blades on the bushhog are not real sharp, so I took it easy to get a halfway decent cut. It still looks like a hay field, but that is the mowers fault not the Kubota's. I believe it would handle a larger mower with no problem. I was only running at about 2100 rpms.
The dpf and price of the 3350 kept me from being interested in it. I was actually looking for a somewhat smaller tractor, compared to the B3200. But the 2650 is the same size or a shade bigger than the 3200.:confused3:

HJT
The RTR1258 is a good match for the 2650. I had originally made a deal on a 1250 that was supposed to have been a demo. It was pretty well beat up, so I opted for the new 58" tiller. It more than covers the tracks of the 2650. I had the skids set low. The tractor was in mid range, and it ran the tiller with no problem. With the tiller lifted, the front end is light.
Split brakes came in handy:laughing:.

I was somewhat skeptical of the pto clutch. On the BX25 when I engaged the pto, it was a sudden start up and a shock to the tractor. The 3200 had a clutch, that you could ease the pto into operation. But, with the 2650 clutch lever, you can ease the pto into gear at idle with no shock to the tractor.:thumbsup:

/ B2650 Observations #7  
It will be interesting when we get more B2601s out in the field. Anyone have any "feel" from testing both? Curious as to "feel" and what are the differences "in use" of the two models. I am leaning toward a B2650 just due to slightly higher weight and most operating stats...ie loader capacity, etc. However, I also will be working in woods and field where slightly smaller footprint might be an advantage.

Overall they appear pretty comparable? Thanks Tom R

Not sure if you saw the older models, but the B2601 is the same size as the older B2620/B2920, while the B2650 is about the same size as the older B3200/B3300. The B2650 and B3350 are the same tractor other than engine and a couple other details.

Compared to each other, the B2650 is indeed noticeably bigger than the B2601. However, if you look at the next series up -- L models -- suddenly the B2601 and B2650 will seem very similar. The B models have a lot in common in terms of size/scale/build.