B2650 3-point hitch interferes with backhoe - creative thinking needed

/ B2650 3-point hitch interferes with backhoe - creative thinking needed #11  
Sounds just like the BX25 and you can lift the MMM with the 3 point removed and the hoe on just fine. You do have to remove the hoe to put the 3 point on but if you are not using a rear mower, what is the problem?
The BX uses a similar but different system, it does not tie into the lower links for the 3 point like the system on the B does.

Aaron Z

/ B2650 3-point hitch interferes with backhoe - creative thinking needed #12  
When I first got my B7500 in 2003 I used it for mowing with the 60 inch MMM. I didn't have a backhoe then but wanted to store the tractor in a shortened garage space and it would not fit with the 3 point arms on. And I didn't 3 pt attachments for a few years so I bought a lift arm like this (CountyLine Forged Lift Arm - For Life Out Here) from TSC and cut it in half. Then drill half inch holes in the non-ball end and used some 1/8 inch flat bar stock with holes drilled in each end to make the connection from the end of the now half lift arm to the upper lift arms. Not a lot of strength needed to just lift the MMM and the shorter arms didn't go back past the rear tires. Haven't used this setup for the past 2 years since I bought a ZTR but I can dig up the parts, install them and take a pic if anyone is interested.

/ B2650 3-point hitch interferes with backhoe - creative thinking needed
bumping this thread after 5 years of never coming up with a solution, has anyone ever solved this one?

/ B2650 3-point hitch interferes with backhoe - creative thinking needed #14  
On my L2501 when I have the backhoe on the lift arms come off and it has to have the 3pt control all the way down so the hydraulics for the back hoe isn't deadheaded. Don't know if your model works that way but something to keep in mind if it does.

Bill

/ B2650 3-point hitch interferes with backhoe - creative thinking needed #15  
I don't understand why it's too difficult to pull 7 pins to remove the 3PH. Need an app for that?

/ B2650 3-point hitch interferes with backhoe - creative thinking needed #16  
I don't understand why it's too difficult to pull 7 pins to remove the 3PH. Need an app for that?
Thanks for the morning chuckle.

/ B2650 3-point hitch interferes with backhoe - creative thinking needed

I don’t think you understand the problem as I might not be explaining it well.

The B2650 can not have the 3-pt hitch installed with the backhoe, it is not possible and IMO a terrible design by Kubota. I was told by the dealer that the MMM and Backhoe could be installed at the same time WHICH IS TRUE, but it is also BS because without the 3pt hitch installed the mower deck is permantly pinned to the bottom of the tractor in the highest position about 8” above the grass.

In order for me to drop my mower deck to clean up some brush or whatever I have to.

1.) Find a flat spot (which is tricky for me).
2.) Remove my entire backhoe and prop it up with a bunch of wooden blocks. (20 min)
3.) Drag out and Install the 3-point hitch (5 min)
4.) Crawl under tractor and remove pins that hold mower deck up when 3-point hitch is not attached (not easy, that takes me 15 minutes on my best day)
5.) Mow lawn for ~30 minutes
6.) Raise mower deck, often with automotive jack to get the pin holes to line up.
7.) Pin up mower deck
8.) Remove 3-point hitch and all spacers/components.
9.) Wrangle backhoe back onto the tractor.

What should be a 30 minute lawn trim takes me almost 2 hours and a wrenched back every time.

Do you understand the problem better now?

/ B2650 3-point hitch interferes with backhoe - creative thinking needed #18  
My M59 has a removable BH and I have to install/remove the 3PH each time as well. 2 pins and 3 hoses to remove the BH. 7 pins to install the 3PH. 30 minutes pre-cab, now takes me 45 minutes because I have to remove the rear window and get a screw gun to re&re 4 SHCS. I find dealing with the cab the fiddliest part.

No belly mower. I use my ZD326 for lawn mowing. I have a 3PH mower for the M59 but that's 3 pins and a PTO shaft. The hardest part about the 3PH mower is getting out my forklift to pull the implement off the storage rack.

/ B2650 3-point hitch interferes with backhoe - creative thinking needed #19  
Get a second machine.

Trying to convert a single machine back and forth between a lawnmower and a backhoe is always gonna be more difficult than just jumping on another machine. And there will always be room to find fault with a design or setup

/ B2650 3-point hitch interferes with backhoe - creative thinking needed #20  
bumping this thread after 5 years of never coming up with a solution, has anyone ever solved this one?
I don't have a backhoe but my solution to switching implements just to mow the lawn was to buy a front mount mower. It reduced my lawn mowing time by about a third vs a three point hitch mower.