Mowing B26 won’t start after washing

/ B26 won’t start after washing #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
The B26 with the rear discharge finish mower going reverse is an excellent leaf blower/mulcher for the yard and gravel driveway. Only problem is having to drive in plume of dust. Doesn’t work near as well going forward. Decided to wash off using a garden hose and brush with wash and wax solution. Usually doesn’t see this kind of attention. Been washed before with no problem.
After washing would not start. Dash lights worked. Fiddled with the pto, hst, and seat with no go. Full sun and warm day hope what got wet dries out before bedtime and rain moving in tonight. Wish I knew what area to check or avoid water next time.

/ B26 won’t start after washing #2  
My guess would be water found its way into one of the operator sensing switches - clutch, seat, PTO, etc. My most likely suspect would be the PTO switch.

/ B26 won’t start after washing #3  
Spark plug wires got wet?

Ok, poor humor, had to try...

/ B26 won’t start after washing
Rain clouds starting to roll in.
Took apart the ignition switch. No water on contacts, cleaned and lubed. Checked connections and fuses, all good.
Seat pressure switch started working. Since I have had tractor you could start without being in the seat. PTO or hst would kill the engine if not in the seat.

By this time the engine was cool. Dash lights but will not power the starter. Clamped the seat switch closed. Preheated and then with a screwdriver short the battery side of the starter to the solenoid terminal. Started up! Let run for awhile. Turned off and would not start. Shorted to start again. This time mowed a couple miles of leaves in the driveway to bring it up to temperature. Parked in shed and it normally would stop and start as it should. Must of dried something out. Let it rain.
Will see about reinstalling the seat switch.

On the M59 the plastic holding the seat switch was breaking and shutting down the tractor at the worst times. Replaced with a push button kill switch instead.

/ B26 won’t start after washing #5  
Gently stomp on (toe down and tow back) on the pedal. That safety switch gets sticky when wet.