Oil & Fuel B2150 HST fluid

/ B2150 HST fluid #1  

Surgeon

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1428
My B150 is leaking fluid. Big stain on the garage floor cardboard. Dip stick is dry. Hydro is cavitating just a bit in high. Dealer is closed. Got a quart of JD low viscosity Hy-guard from the JD dealer who was open. Dare I substitute? Just got 16 inches of snow and need to plow but don’t want to kill my orange tractor with a green tractor product.

/ B2150 HST fluid #2  
My B150 is leaking fluid. Big stain on the garage floor cardboard. Dip stick is dry. Hydro is cavitating just a bit in high. Dealer is closed. Got a quart of JD low viscosity Hy-guard from the JD dealer who was open. Dare I substitute? Just got 16 inches of snow and need to plow but don’t want to kill my orange tractor with a green tractor product.

This is intended to be helpful, please take it that way.

You have your priorities all wrong. You have a machine, which, well loved, will last your lifetime.

The WSM on Kubotabooks.com shows the HST 2150 holding 19 US qts or 18 litres.

Index of Kubotabooks/Tractor Owners Manuals/

You have been running it low on fluid and your bigger concern should be have you damaged the HST because if you have, your great machine is of little value.

Adding a quart is not going to make any difference if nothing is showing on the dipstick and the pump is cavitating.

Concentrate on finding someone to look after your snow.

Focus on finding where the fluid went and how to stop the leak.

Buy the best Kubota Super UDT fluid and cross your fingers that the HST is OK.

Dave M7040