B&S 16HP Vtwin Vangard

/ B&S 16HP Vtwin Vangard #1  

Geochurchi

Tractor
B&S Vangard
Hi All, looking for any info on the ignition system, need to rebuild it completely, only numbers that I have are
Mdl# 3054473079-G1

S/N 1803141100283
Thanks

/ B&S 16HP Vtwin Vangard #2  
Ignition module part number is 845606. Two of those is basically the entire ignition system.

/ B&S 16HP Vtwin Vangard
Hi, where can I find the parts breakdown for this engine, do you know how to interpret the last 4 digits and G1 of that model #
Thank

/ B&S 16HP Vtwin Vangard #4  
Hi, where can I find the parts breakdown for this engine, do you know how to interpret the last 4 digits and G1 of that model #
Thank
For quick parts lookup I tend to jump on Partstree.com I also have access to the Briggs dealer sites also. But go to partstree and type in the model number as 305447-3079-g1 The 3079 and G1 are basically variations of the 305447 engine family. Could be trim changes, a change to the engine rpm for that specific engine, etc. Even as a dealer I don't think I have ever seen an explanation for the type-trim parts of the model number.

The parts diagrams don't give specific parts that was used on that engine. ie, may show both a Walbro and Nikki carb in the diagram, and you have to physically look at the carb to determine which carb it is. Or in some cases there may be different carb kits used depending on which number of Walbro carb was used. Or 6 different cooling fans with 3 different flywheels.

/ B&S 16HP Vtwin Vangard
Hi Randy, thanks for explanation, I kind of thought that but was trying to verify.
My next question is that it appears that our current model is no longer in production, the replacement is 305447 0610 G1, it has an electronic ignition that appears to attached to the side of the engine, we have very limited space on the side do to the fact we have the shell of a ride on locomotive that must fit over it, do you know if that module could be relocated?

Last edited:
   / B&S 16HP Vtwin Vangard #7  
Hi Randy, thanks for explanation, I kind of thought that but was trying to verify.
My next question is that it appears that our current model is no longer in production, the replacement is 305447 0610 G1, it has an electronic ignition that appears to attached to the side of the engine, we have very limited space on the side do to the fact we have the shell of a ride on locomotive that must fit over it, do you know if that module could be relocated?
I went and looked at a picture of the model that your old engine gets replaced with. It looks like the new engine is set up with a manual throttle control on the left side and the electric starter solenoid mounted to the top of the starter. With a little mechanical know how both of those things can be relocated. May need to also use parts of or the wiring harness from the old engine to make everything connect to the locomotive

Something else to keep in mind that you may want to check on. Sometime in the production of that series of Vanguard engine Briggs went to a taller fan and blower housing while in production. So the distance from front of blower housing to pto end of block could also be longer than your old engine.