B-2910 vs B2710

/ B-2910 vs B2710 #1  

David USMC

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jd 345
All things being equal, those of you that own the B-2710, would you now spend the extra bucks for the B-2910 since it has now recently become available. Thanks in advance.

/ B-2910 vs B2710 #2  
I have 198 hours on my B2710; just stopped and looked at a B2910 for the first time yesterday. Nice tractor with a couple of new features, but NO I would not pay much more for it.

Bird

/ B-2910 vs B2710 #3  
I currently have 30 hours on my 2710 and looking at the widely quoted price of an additional $1000 which gets you a different steering wheel and a better cruise control along with 2 more hp my answer would have to be NO.
The 2710 is more than enough tractor for my 5 acre mowing job and the cruise would not be useful in my situation.
As for the 2 additional hp I really don't think that anyone could tell the difference.
Good luck with your decision
Dale

/ B-2910 vs B2710 #4  
The price difference that I saw was closer to $600. I am sure you would have to study the spec sheets pretty carefully to see exactly what the differences are.

There are only two major differences in an M6800 and M6800S and that is sync shuttle mounted on dash and transmission is fully synchronized. I waited for six months for that and very glad I did. The cost differential was very small.

/ B-2910 vs B2710 #5  
I own a 2910 and am glad I paid the difference. The extra 10% HP is just the start. The adjustable steering wheel helps me get on and off- I am 6-3 tall,,,,,but might not be of interest to everybody. The real advantage to most will be the adjustable [easy] lower arms on the 3-point hitch.

RJ

/ B-2910 vs B2710 #6  
If I was buying I might pay a little extra for the 2910, but not much. I'm not sure the 2 horses would be that noticeable, and tilt steering I can do without since my steering wheel fits me just fine. Do me a favor. When I need tilt steering on my TRACTOR, just knock me in the head.

/ B-2910 vs B2710 #7  
Yeah, but don't laugh too hard. The adjustable 3 point links may very well be worth the difference if that was all there was! My wife would gladly have paid $600 for that one option alone. Didn't know about that one, but it is a really nice feature. Less busted thumbs and little need for a crowbar when connecting up an implement.

/ B-2910 vs B2710 #8  
Speaking about those adjustable lower links, why can't they be ordered for the 2710? Does anyone have a picture of the animal to demonstrate how they might work?

/ B-2910 vs B2710 #9  
JonE, the "adjustable" or "telescoping" lower links are quite common on larger tractors, and becoming more common on the smaller ones apparently. I don't have a picture, but they have a release you press on the top and you can extend a lower link to hook up an implement, then when you get both hooked up and pick up the implement, they slide back in and lock in place. And now I wish I had looked more closely at that B2910 a few days ago to see whether the lower links on it and the ones on the B2710 are interchangeable or not.

Bird

/ B-2910 vs B2710 #10  
I checked into that on an M Series tractor and let me assure you that $600 is cheap for that option, along. Fortunately, they came on the M6800SD tractor, but were not available on the M4900 or M5700 without buying all the pieces and they were expensive that way.