Avoiding Tax on New Tractor??

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #91  
WHy don't you just come to New Hampshire and buy. We have no sales tax and we don't tell your home state either.

The malls just over the Mass/NH border usually have more Mass license plates in the parking lot than NH plates. In fact the big mall in Nashua has the buildings in NH and the parking lot in Mass. One store was even built with a slight jog in a corner to insure that it was at least 10 feet from the state line inside NH.

Live Free or Die.

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #92  
WHy don't you just come to New Hampshire and buy. We have no sales tax and we don't tell your home state either.

The malls just over the Mass/NH border usually have more Mass license plates in the parking lot than NH plates. In fact the big mall in Nashua has the buildings in NH and the parking lot in Mass. One store was even built with a slight jog in a corner to insure that it was at least 10 feet from the state line inside NH.

Live Free or Die.

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #93  
I live in northeast MA, and we routinely make purchases in NH (Seabrook, etc). I completely agree that the parking lots are full of more MA cars than NH cars.
What's more, most of the big-box stores in NH are closer to my house than another store of the same brand in MA. If I wanted to purchase from them within MA, I'd have to drive further than when we go to NH.

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #94  
I live in northeast MA, and we routinely make purchases in NH (Seabrook, etc). I completely agree that the parking lots are full of more MA cars than NH cars.
What's more, most of the big-box stores in NH are closer to my house than another store of the same brand in MA. If I wanted to purchase from them within MA, I'd have to drive further than when we go to NH.

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #95  
This doesn't answer the original poster question but we are good at getting of topic here on TBN /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had an accounting teacher in college who used to perform audits on folks. He would go door to door asking people if such and such performed work for you and how much did you pay them. He said they were usually very forthcoming with info. He said most of the prospective auditees came from anonymous tips to the IRS. Be careful who you brag to that you don't pay taxes!
Better yet pay your taxes so you can sleep at night!

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #96  
This doesn't answer the original poster question but we are good at getting of topic here on TBN /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had an accounting teacher in college who used to perform audits on folks. He would go door to door asking people if such and such performed work for you and how much did you pay them. He said they were usually very forthcoming with info. He said most of the prospective auditees came from anonymous tips to the IRS. Be careful who you brag to that you don't pay taxes!
Better yet pay your taxes so you can sleep at night!

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #97  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( WHy don't you just come to New Hampshire and buy. We have no sales tax and we don't tell your home state either.
)</font>
If the machine is financed they do.. A copy of the UCC certificate is forwarded to Mass and the prospective county to boot. So, you really aren't hiding from any tax man.

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #98  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( WHy don't you just come to New Hampshire and buy. We have no sales tax and we don't tell your home state either.
)</font>
If the machine is financed they do.. A copy of the UCC certificate is forwarded to Mass and the prospective county to boot. So, you really aren't hiding from any tax man.

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #99  
Since the UCC system is primarily used for debtor tracking not sales tax avoidance tracking, and the fact that NH and Mass have a reciprocal agreement to exchange UCC info, yes you are right. I believe that Mass is the only state that NH has an agreement with, but I could be wrong.

What Mass does with that info is their business and NH has no control over it. NH sends the info to the UCC division of the Mass Sec of State. After that, well that is a Mass issue.

FWIW, here is a small blurb from the NH UCC website explaining what the purpose of UCC filings is.

The UCC Division serves the commercial lending/banking community by acting as a repository for filed documents which perfect security interests in certain personal property used as collateral for loans. These filings help a secured creditor establish priority claims on assets in the event of debtor bankruptcy, insolvency or default. The Division is responsible for providing a universally accessible, secured transaction registry for users and beneficiaries of the UCC process. Our goal is to make New Hampshire’s UCC process attractive to businesses and investors. To that end, we strive to provide accurate and current information about filings and attachments, in order to provide commercial lenders and other interested parties with an accurate filing history of the debtor.

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #100  
Since the UCC system is primarily used for debtor tracking not sales tax avoidance tracking, and the fact that NH and Mass have a reciprocal agreement to exchange UCC info, yes you are right. I believe that Mass is the only state that NH has an agreement with, but I could be wrong.

What Mass does with that info is their business and NH has no control over it. NH sends the info to the UCC division of the Mass Sec of State. After that, well that is a Mass issue.

FWIW, here is a small blurb from the NH UCC website explaining what the purpose of UCC filings is.

The UCC Division serves the commercial lending/banking community by acting as a repository for filed documents which perfect security interests in certain personal property used as collateral for loans. These filings help a secured creditor establish priority claims on assets in the event of debtor bankruptcy, insolvency or default. The Division is responsible for providing a universally accessible, secured transaction registry for users and beneficiaries of the UCC process. Our goal is to make New Hampshire’s UCC process attractive to businesses and investors. To that end, we strive to provide accurate and current information about filings and attachments, in order to provide commercial lenders and other interested parties with an accurate filing history of the debtor.