/ Avatar...to be or not to be... #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Sometime back I tried to add an avatar, but for some reason it ended up being posted on my profile instead of as my avatar. I guess my question is two fold: (1) is there some merit in having an avatar, and if so, (2) is it a big deal to implement?

Regards,
Dennis

/ Avatar...to be or not to be... #2  
Sometime back I tried to add an avatar, but for some reason it ended up being posted on my profile instead of as my avatar. I guess my question is two fold: (1) is there some merit in having an avatar, and if so, (2) is it a big deal to implement?

Regards,
Dennis

Well, it took me a long time being a member here to even figure out what an avatar was, and once I realized how easy it was to create one I felt foolish it took me so long to understand the process. Whether having one is of merit I cannot say, because I usually recognize a members name here before I look at the avatar, if they even have one. Implementing one should not be a big deal for most members.

/ Avatar...to be or not to be... #3  
Interesting.. I look at the avatar first, and remember them best vs. the user name.. Which I guess means I liked the books with lots of pictures.. :)

/ Avatar...to be or not to be... #4  
First, select a pic and re-size it to 120 by 120 pixels or 19.5 KB and save it.

Then

Just go to MY Home , select edit Avatar, and grab your pic.

Upload image and save.

It should appear next time you look.

/ Avatar...to be or not to be... #5  
I am somewhat a person of pictures myself,, I look at the Avatar first,, Lou

/ Avatar...to be or not to be... #6  
Interesting.. I look at the avatar first, and remember them best vs. the user name.. Which I guess means I liked the books with lots of pictures.. :)

Avatars are sometimes--perhaps frequently changed, but most members here stay with the same user name. Which is why I go with the name for recognition.

/ Avatar...to be or not to be... #7  
I tend to be a picture person myself and find many are. I once changed mine several times to demonstrate how it was done to another member and it really confused a lot of people.

/ Avatar...to be or not to be...
First, select a pic and re-size it to 120 by 120 pixels or 19.5 KB and save it.

Then

Just go to MY Home , select edit Avatar, and grab your pic.

Upload image and save.

It should appear next time you look.

I haven't the faintest idea on how figure out the size of a picture, let alone how to resize it. I'll give it another whack and see how it turns out though. I frankly don't remember many members by their avatars. Some are pretty distinctive, but by and large there are a bunch of tractors that look pretty much alike at first glance.

/ Avatar...to be or not to be... #9  
I go by the pictures.

Make sure you don't have the "do not use avatar" button selected that is below the space for it.

/ Avatar...to be or not to be... #10  
I like peoples avitars, they are usually of something that they are proud of like a tractor

Mine is just me and my brother lighting fires as usual lol