Automating multiple battery tenders - how often to turn them on/off?

/ Automating multiple battery tenders - how often to turn them on/off? #31  
I'm thinking your Texas heat must take a big toll. If I had a battery that lived less than 5 years I would be shocked. Most automotive or tractor size batteries last me 7-8 years. I've had even better life with motorcycle batteries, which matches your situation.
Maybe but why would using battery tenders/minders help them last longer in this heat?

As for lifespan, Most automotive batteries around here have 12, 24 or 36 month warranties, why? because that's all the manufacturers' expects them to live.
Used to see 48 month but very rare down here the last few years.

/ Automating multiple battery tenders - how often to turn them on/off?
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to do some more research on what the cost savings might be for completely powering off the units. For now, I'll keep them plugged in.

Barry

/ Automating multiple battery tenders - how often to turn them on/off? #33  
Maybe but why would using battery tenders/minders help them last longer in this heat?

As for lifespan, Most automotive batteries around here have 12, 24 or 36 month warranties, why? because that's all the manufacturers' expects them to live.
Used to see 48 month but very rare down here the last few years.
Two different topics. I was speculating as to why your batteries died so fast and comparing to my experience and expectation of much longer battery life here in MN. I suspect battery tenders lead to longer battery life wherever you are, though probably more help in climates with cold winters. But any battery that isn't regularly used would benefit from a tender.

/ Automating multiple battery tenders - how often to turn them on/off? #34  
When I lived in the Arizona desert I was lucky to get 3 years out of any lead-acid battery.
Heat kills

/ Automating multiple battery tenders - how often to turn them on/off? #35  
When I lived in the Arizona desert I was lucky to get 3 years out of any lead-acid battery.
Heat kills
I've noticed that too. I can usually get at least 10 years or more out of a conventional lead/acid battery.

/ Automating multiple battery tenders - how often to turn them on/off? #36  
All I can tell you is, my batteries have been lasting longer since I started using tenders on them, I leave them on all the time.

Also, I will NOT buy a cheapo or no brand tender.

SR

/ Automating multiple battery tenders - how often to turn them on/off? #37  
I'm a fan of the Hulkman products and have their Sigma 5 and Sigma 1 maintainers. Pretty happy with them