Australia Fires?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Australia Fires????? #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
I've got several Down Under friends here on TBN. Worried about them due to the fires. Everybody okay???

/ Australia Fires????? #2  
i'm new here, but I also have many friends down under that are safe so far. or if you call breathing smoke 24/7 when you walk outside safe. sorta like it was a couple summers ago here in the PNW with fires in Canada and Eastern WA. that said I heard the Australia fires have killed about 1 BILLION ANIMALS so far. OMG these fires need to stop soon.

prayers sent

/ Australia Fires?????
i'm new here, but I also have many friends down under that are safe so far. or if you call breathing smoke 24/7 when you walk outside safe. sorta like it was a couple summers ago here in the PNW with fires in Canada and Eastern WA. that said I heard the Australia fires have killed about 1 BILLION ANIMALS so far. OMG these fires need to stop soon.

prayers sent

Welcome to TBN.

Fire is a very powerful thing.

/ Australia Fires????? #5  
we are OK apart from the smoke, 300km from us but if we get a fire it won't be as bad as we are fflat pasture, haVE a friend on tthe NSW/VVIC border who haas an isolated one closebby but he is ready to run if need be.
haveen't seen the news todaay, still in bed at 0900 and not feeling guilty.

/ Australia Fires?????
we are OK apart from the smoke, 300km from us but if we get a fire it won't be as bad as we are fflat pasture, haVE a friend on tthe NSW/VVIC border who haas an isolated one closebby but he is ready to run if need be.
haveen't seen the news todaay, still in bed at 0900 and not feeling guilty.

My wife worries about me in retirement. She says I should pay more attention to what's going on in the World via World News. Says I should travel more. My stance is I spent my entire adult life paying attention to what the rest of the World was doing, which caused me to travel to some very crappy places on this Planet dealing with some very crappy people. Now I don't have to do that.

Thoughts and prayers to all my Aussie friends down under!!!

/ Australia Fires????? #8  
Up now and will see what is happening, cool and wet at our place which is not a bad thing, lost a mare yesterday and having to source milk for the foal, windy and the smoke has cleared for the moment but we have been promised blast furnace conditions again on Monday for a few days.
Bogus collectors are knocking doors and taking money, these parasites are as bad as arsonists and looters, opportunistic theft.
Of course 300km away everything can be completely different but there was a wind change yesterday which did not help in any way at all, fire bombers are back on duty as far as I can tell but I have noticed that they are choppers and a biggish Boeing, used to be crop dusters but I haven't seen evidence of any this year, maybe too small for such a huge front.
When I was involved in the fires we had to wear fluoro green overalls, the crop dusters used to call us green ants and try to hit us with the residual phoschek on the return to base trip, they sometimes succeeded and we became red ants.
Depending upon the mixture it was quite viscous and would stick to the tank walls and after the dump would eventually puddle at the bottom, probably about a gallon.
I was classed as a firefighter but spent time one on one with the firefighters trauma debriefing at the front, came close to crapping myself a few times.
Just like a war zone some loved it and others were shell shocked and needed to be sent home, the rest just got on with it and I spent time trying to educate them not to be judgmental.

/ Australia Fires?????
Everyone has a level they can function at. It's imperative in life/death situations to know your personal level. Function below that level and you become a burden to the effort by minimal contribution to the effort. Function above that level and you become a burden to the effort by needing rescued. Very important to know yourself. Trauma support personnel are very important to the effort.

Thanks for all you have done.

/ Australia Fires????? #10  

prayers sent

Welcome to TBN . . . You forgot about OR also getting into the fray back then :) . . . but welcome my PNW neighbor . . . :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.