Buying Advice Auctions?

/ Auctions? #41  
There USED to be estate and farm auctions around here and no more since the big green farmers took over the country! 70,000 acres or your out in this area!
What few smaller sales there are get trucked to the auction yard and not onsite so you never know what you are buying or the history of it and nobody ever talks at the auction about condition of equipment! Its like they just dont give a **** about it!
Its "buyer beware" around here!

/ Auctions? #43  
Is anybody else saddened just by reading this?
I learned a lot in wood shop, metal shop and auto shop. I could only take one of those classes per year because I had to waste so much time in the silly classes, like English, Art, Advanced Math and PE. Typing turned out to be a worthwhile class, even though I took it for an easy A and it was full of girls. If it wasn't for shop classes, I think that High School was a total waste of time.

/ Auctions? #44  
I learned a lot in wood shop, metal shop and auto shop. I could only take one of those classes per year because I had to waste so much time in the silly classes, like English, Art, Advanced Math and PE. Typing turned out to be a worthwhile class, even though I took it for an easy A and it was full of girls. If it wasn't for shop classes, I think that High School was a total waste of time.
Metal shop was my all time fav high school class, drafting was my second fav.

I’m not sure I would’ve been a success in life if it hadn’t been for those classes

/ Auctions? #45  
My first wood shop class started out with drawing a plan before you built anything. It had to be to scale, show the length, width and thickness of the wood, and show how it will be joined. Looking back, it was very basic, but it showed me how details matter, and the more details you can put into a drawing, the better it will turn out.

I've always found it odd that so many people cannot draw what they want to build.

/ Auctions? #46  
My first wood shop class started out with drawing a plan before you built anything. It had to be to scale, show the length, width and thickness of the wood, and show how it will be joined. Looking back, it was very basic, but it showed me how details matter, and the more details you can put into a drawing, the better it will turn out.

I've always found it odd that so many people cannot draw what they want to build.
I was down in the basement the other day picking up stuff to get rid of and came across my old portable mechanical drawing/drafting board. Just for the heck of it I looked and they are still available which surprises me.
1700609291264.png

/ Auctions? #47  
I never took wood shop or metal shop. My Grandfather was a master carpenter, my Father built machines for IBM (He was building some of the prefusion splicers for fiber cable in 1975) and the three of us built a duplex in 1973, so I learned the hard way.
I wanted to take typing but my counselors (in 1969) assured me voice recognition would make that a waste of time and NOBODY would need to know how to type in the near future.