atv and utv year-around use (and in snow)

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #21  
I won't be investing in "pods"any more than a snowmobile;too limited of use for the cost.
Neighbors have a set for their 1000cc Polaris but none for me.
Same here. I use my Honda Pioneer 520 UTV year round here in VT. It has larger than stock tires to improve ground clearance and diamond pattern chains on the back (mine are square link chains, which grip better than plain round links, but are not as aggressive as studded diamond pattern chains.)

If the snow gets deep enough that it would require tracks, I'm using my tractor anyway.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #22  
I had a Yamaha Wolverine 350. I had a bunch of fun on it, but it was not practical for any work without a trailer.

Then I bought my first tractor loader combo. I still don't know what I did all those years without one. It's great, but still not the do all vehicle.

Now I have the Kawasaki Mule Pro-Mx. I don't need a trailer, and it's faster than my tractor and will go places it can't. Love this thing.

496A4882-2 s.jpg

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #23  
Main reason I bought my Can-am Defender as a cab model with roll-down windows and heater is because I wanted a UTV I could use year round. Three years later I couldn't be happier...I use it just as much this time of year as during the summer...probably more. At my age I can't stand cold at all...my arms and legs just shut down...so being in an enclosed cab with heat is essential. Even in the summer here in the high desert the morning temperatures can be freezing - especially at elevations above 10,000 feet. This thing starts instantly no matter how cold it is, and its ready to use, unlike my diesel tractors that take some time to start and warm up to operating temperatures.
P1008273ertbn5-9-22.jpg

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #24  
I put an enclosed cab, windshield wipers and heater on my RZR 900s so I can ride year round and be warm and dry.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 344

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #25  
Main reason I bought my Can-am Defender as a cab model with roll-down windows and heater is because I wanted a UTV I could use year round. Three years later I couldn't be happier...I use it just as much this time of year as during the summer...probably more. At my age I can't stand cold at all...my arms and legs just shut down...so being in an enclosed cab with heat is essential. Even in the summer here in the high desert the morning temperatures can be freezing - especially at elevations above 10,000 feet. This thing starts instantly no matter how cold it is, and its ready to use, unlike my diesel tractors that take some time to start and warm up to operating temperatures.
View attachment 846586

Great photography again DE71!
You should be a color brochure photographer!

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #26  
Great photography again DE71!
You should be a color brochure photographer!

Thank you! And I thank the US Navy for teaching me how to compose a photo and use a camera. At least back in the 60s and 70s, the Navy's photo school was acknowledged to be the best in the world.

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow)
At work in the yard. No grunting, no spinning. Pushing snow is easy on the driveline.
6x6pushs0899.jpg
6x6pushs70893.jpg

Last edited:
   / atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #29  
Finally broke down and bought a plow for our 2022 mule pro mx. I'd like tracks but will be happy having the plow.

Getting too old to be pushing a snowblower