ASV VT70 Electrical problem

/ ASV VT70 Electrical problem #1  

StevieRhee

Tractor
ASV VT70 Posi Track
Hi. I recently purchased a ASV VT70. Bloody great machine in my opinion. I busted a hydraulic pipe underneath the body, that connects to the drive. Anyway I had to lift the cab to get at it, and everything went well. Put it all back together and back to work. Until after lunch I hopped in to start it, and blew a 10 amp starter fuse. No biggy, I'll just change it. Blew again, until I worked out that if I lift the cab to a certain height, it will not blow the fuse. I lift the cab with the door open, reach inside and turn the key. But I also found that if I don't lift it high enough, it will blow the fuse. I live in New Zealand, and we sometimes get away with Kiwi ingenuity, but I think that will only go for so long. Meaning I think lifting the cab, will only last for so long. Has anyone experienced this before. Cheers

/ ASV VT70 Electrical problem #2  
Find the wire the goes from fuse to starter (its entire path), trace wire, it probably has insulation rubbed raw and is shorting out to metal body or chassis... Simple to fix, difficult to find ....

/ ASV VT70 Electrical problem
Find the wire the goes from fuse to starter (its entire path), trace wire, it probably has insulation rubbed raw and is shorting out to metal body or chassis... Simple to fix, difficult to find ....
That's why I keep lifting the cab. It's a crazy setup of wires, so I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pay an expert to find it. Thanks