Asphalt driveway sealer questions

/ Asphalt driveway sealer questions
I had a pretty(for asphalt anyway) driveway until a "friend" didn't wait for me to pull him out with my 4x4 last feb. He slid off my drive and put the hammer down with studded snow tires(where he still found a set I don't know ?).......and tore the h*// out of my driveway as he slid back and forth rocking the car to get out. I want to seal it to fill the scratches and just want the best product for the job to return it to it's previous awesome blackness !!..............TOM

/ Asphalt driveway sealer questions #12  
I need to seal my drive & this post got me thinking. So off to the internet to do some searching. I came across this site which warns against price per sq ft jobs.

www.pavementpro.org - Beware

/ Asphalt driveway sealer questions #13  
Actually, paying by the square foot is not dangerous if you know the going rate for your local area. The other thing to research is what is the product cost and what the coverage rate is. Go find your local asphalt product supply store and talk to them.

/ Asphalt driveway sealer questions #14  
as a follow up to the questions I have been asked.

We have been sealing the roads in our mobile home park for since 2003 with our homemade sprayer. We sealer 1/3 of the park every years so each gets attention once every 3 years.

I highly recommend rubber boots, a tyvek suit, dish washing rubber gloves, safety glasses and a wide brimmed hat.

If you get the coal tar on you in any way, use isopropyl alcohol to clean it and then stay out of the sun for a few days . The first time we all went to Branson after working all week and I had to run between shady spots because it felt like my skin was burning off in direct sunlight.

I will try to get pictures of the original setup(as described above) this summer and then get pictures with the new high flow diaphragm pumps that allow 2 hose to run at the same time.

/ Asphalt driveway sealer questions #15  
Hello everyone.
I need a driveway sealer. I used one before but it wasn't reliable.
I want one that is durable and will last a long time.
Can anyone tell me which one is good to buy in this review?
Best driveway sealer
Thanks.

/ Asphalt driveway sealer questions #16  
Old thread but a timely bump for me too. I'm in the same boat for a 1200' asphalt driveway and turn around at the house.

/ Asphalt driveway sealer questions #18  
Thanks to whoever pm'd me, I accidentally deleted all of my messages here. It helped me a lot.
Finally got to fixing the driveway. Another question guys, I have some driveway sealer left over.
Can i use them as sealant for my countertop? It's just minor repairs though.

/ Asphalt driveway sealer questions #19  
If you have a number of fractures in the asphalt, gouge them out, blow away debris and fill crack to the top. Water down in cracks with freeze thaw cycles destroys paving rapidly including concrete. Mention of chip seal is the best as the embedded chips provide a new wearing surface. Gov agencies do that to extend the life cycle as replacements are not cheap. For residential that is probably a 10 year cycle for chip seal.

Mention was made of coal tar; coal tar and asphalt do not like each other. The coal tar will not bond to the asphalt products. In coal mining areas a lot of coal tar used to be used. It is a by product of converting coal to coke for smelting. Industrial grade Coal Tar is considered a carcinogen. Asphalt is the carbon residue from cracking crude oil into other products. Hot asphalt will provide better results but is difficult for the DIY to handle the heating and spreading process. Emulsions do a good job though once the water and emulsifiers evaporate and cure out.

Ron

/ Asphalt driveway sealer questions #20  
Thanks to whoever pm'd me, I accidentally deleted all of my messages here. It helped me a lot.
Finally got to fixing the driveway. Another question guys, I have some driveway sealer left over.
Can i use them as sealant for my countertop? It's just minor repairs though.

Do you want your countertop to stink like asphalt? If so then do it, but I wouldn't.