Asian Cucumber Salad

/ Asian Cucumber Salad #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
I've been on a cucumber salad kick recently, as a nice cold summer side dish. I made this one last night and it might be my favorite. I found it on Allrecipes.com

Asian Cucumber Salad

Ingredients:
2 cucumbers, sliced lengthwise, seeded and sliced
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 Tbl sesame oil
1 Tbl minced garlic
1 Tbl minced ginger root (I use the ginger paste that comes in a squeeze tube)
1 Tbl sesame seeds
4 fresh red chili peppers, sliced (I used 2 fresh red sweet seedless peppers instead)

Put the cucumber slices in a colander and sprinkle with the salt, set aside to drain for 1 hour.

Whisk the vinegar and sugar together, until the sugar dissolves. Add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger and sesame seeds.

Rinse the cucumber slices under running cold water to remove the salt. Place in large bowl with the peppers, drizzle the dressing over them and toss to coat. Serve immediately.

/ Asian Cucumber Salad #2  
I have used almost the exact same recipe. But I use TOASTED sesame oil. SO GOOD!!

/ Asian Cucumber Salad #4  
I've been on a cucumber salad kick recently, as a nice cold summer side dish. I made this one last night and it might be my favorite. I found it on Allrecipes.com

Asian Cucumber Salad

Ingredients:
2 cucumbers, sliced lengthwise, seeded and sliced
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 Tbl sesame oil
1 Tbl minced garlic
1 Tbl minced ginger root (I use the ginger paste that comes in a squeeze tube)
1 Tbl sesame seeds
4 fresh red chili peppers, sliced (I used 2 fresh red sweet seedless peppers instead)

Put the cucumber slices in a colander and sprinkle with the salt, set aside to drain for 1 hour.

Whisk the vinegar and sugar together, until the sugar dissolves. Add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger and sesame seeds.

Rinse the cucumber slices under running cold water to remove the salt. Place in large bowl with the peppers, drizzle the dressing over them and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
My family loves Asian food. I have tried your recipe. My kids really like it.

/ Asian Cucumber Salad #5  
Ummmm what part is cooked?