/ As Good As "COPS!!" A New Show,,"LIVE PD, POLICE PATROL" #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
I kinda miss "COPS!!" My wife loved when they tasered someone,, :confused2:
well,, as best as I can tell, there are no new episodes of "COPS!",,,

BUT, we recently found a new show,,, "LIVE PD, POLICE PATROL"

I believe it is on A&E, and on a local secondary channel.

I hit "record all" on the DVR,,, the DVR found ten episodes in one day!! :eek:

Yea, it is kinda "COPS!!" format,, but enough different,,

WE have not seen a taser deployed,,, yet,, but, we still have our hopes,,

Have you seen any "COPS!!" replacement show that is any good??

/ As Good As "COPS!!" A New Show,,"LIVE PD, POLICE PATROL" #2  

Honestly, I don't care to see a show on how stupid people are.

Think about this... to show their/your face on a cop TV show, you have to sign a waiver...

Enough said....

/ As Good As "COPS!!" A New Show,,"LIVE PD, POLICE PATROL" #3  
It's been on for a while. I watched it a few times, basically a bunch of drunks and or drug addicts doing really stupid things. I dumped cable and watch Net flicks a lot, no commercials YAY..

/ As Good As "COPS!!" A New Show,,"LIVE PD, POLICE PATROL" #4  
Honestly, I don't care to see a show on how stupid people are.

Think about this... to show their/your face on a cop TV show, you have to sign a waiver...

Enough said....

Are you sure about that? I was apparently filmed on a show about Maine Game Wardens... not because a law was broken but I happened to find something that had been lost. I didn't even know that I was on the show until people told me several months later when the episode aired; I still haven't been able to view it.

/ As Good As "COPS!!" A New Show,,"LIVE PD, POLICE PATROL" #5  

We watch "Live PD" (Friday/Saturday 8-11pm central time A&E). We like it but are somewhat bothered about the fact that we can see several units respond to seemingly minor things just because they know they will be on TV. Afraid that it might be viewed as "excessive force".

/ As Good As "COPS!!" A New Show,,"LIVE PD, POLICE PATROL" #6  
Are you sure about that? I was apparently filmed on a show about Maine Game Wardens... not because a law was broken but I happened to find something that had been lost. I didn't even know that I was on the show until people told me several months later when the episode aired; I still haven't been able to view it.

"Animal Planet" channel I think. They do Maine and New Hampshire game wardens. Same as with "Live PD", I shake my head a lot about some of the "crimes" and other segments...like all the steps they take to save an injured crow or other plentiful species?

/ As Good As "COPS!!" A New Show,,"LIVE PD, POLICE PATROL" #7  
"Animal Planet" channel I think. They do Maine and New Hampshire game wardens. Same as with "Live PD", I shake my head a lot about some of the "crimes" and other segments...like all the steps they take to save an injured crow or other plentiful species?

The two warden shows in Maine and NH are pretty lame..

/ As Good As "COPS!!" A New Show,,"LIVE PD, POLICE PATROL" #8  
The first few seasons of COPS were really good. They showed things that most people would never have seen. Anybody remember Deputy Linda Canada (Broward County)? Or Officer Desiree Gaudet (New Orleans)? I also remember one in Ft Worth where a kid got caught by his girlfriend's dad and crawled out on the roof. Some of them were just downright funny. There was the 'Yo! Yo!' guy in New Jersey for example.

Then it all went bad with the more violent episodes. All the laughs were gone. Every week there had to be a chase. That stuff doesn't happen anywhere near as often as the show would have had people believe.

/ As Good As "COPS!!" A New Show,,"LIVE PD, POLICE PATROL" #9  
There were a few other good ones from other countries too. 'Road Patrol' or something? Did segments from the UK, AU and a couple of EU countries.

/ As Good As "COPS!!" A New Show,,"LIVE PD, POLICE PATROL" #10  
We watch "Live PD" (Friday/Saturday 8-11pm central time A&E). We like it but are somewhat bothered about the fact that we can see several units respond to seemingly minor things just because they know they will be on TV. Afraid that it might be viewed as "excessive force".

It's often a lot like that in real life, most of what the average patrol officer does is pretty boring and they want to get in on anything interesting. Oftentimes more officer hinder rather than help. No doubt some love the camera, but if you don't have a good command structure, it can leave a lot of the cities patrol zones without a cop in sight.