Are You A Gambler?

/ Are You A Gambler? #11  
At the current bid, $5,500 for an M6060D 4x4; if you had the money, where that wasn't a devastating loss, and bids stayed under 10k; it might not be a bad deal. You would want to make sure you budget at least $5k, for contingency, but even at 20k, all in, that's pretty good. And yes, if you put the money into getting it to 85-95%, I wouldn't have a problem placing it for sale for $30-35k as a used machine. Pretty sure you have no legal obligation to disclose its past. Just if you say running, like new, then that needs to be accurate.

ECU is around $1250
Wheels and tires, probably $2500
I assume they ship in the 'dry' so, all fluids, probably fill run a couple hours, flush and refill, so, let's say $500
Dash electronics few hundred; call it $250
Wiring harness, looks like $550, but I doubt that's the 100% complete harness

Your probably at $5k in parts to make it right, assuming nothing got into the engine

Can't begin to throw an educated guess at emissions crap cost or problems

Edit: I'm assuming salt water flooding; but if anyone is serious, I would do some googling on flooding March 10th, 2023. Not that fresh water is OK, but its not as bad as salt water. Also, some of the units have wheels, tires, loaders, like the L3902, and the chrome on the rods looks good.

Last edited:
   / Are You A Gambler?
At the current bid, $5,500 for an M6060D 4x4; if you had the money, where that wasn't a devastating loss, and bids stayed under 10k; it might not be a bad deal. You would want to make sure you budget at least $5k, for contingency, but even at 20k, all in, that's pretty good. And yes, if you put the money into getting it to 85-95%, I wouldn't have a problem placing it for sale for $30-35k as a used machine. Pretty sure you have no legal obligation to disclose its past. Just if you say running, like new, then that needs to be accurate.

ECU is around $1250
Wheels and tires, probably $2500
I assume they ship in the 'dry' so, all fluids, probably fill run a couple hours, flush and refill, so, let's say $500
Dash electronics few hundred; call it $250
Wiring harness, looks like $550, but I doubt that's the 100% complete harness

Your probably at $5k in parts to make it right, assuming nothing got into the engine

Can't begin to throw an educated guess at emissions crap cost or problems

Edit: I'm assuming salt water flooding; but if anyone is serious, I would do some googling on flooding March 10th, 2023. Not that fresh water is OK, but its not as bad as salt water. Also, some of the units have wheels, tires, loaders, like the L3902, and the chrome on the rods looks good.
The auction is CA so I was thinking this was all the snow melt floods combined with rainstorms they had. My guess would be no salt. That is just a guess. I was hoping to see if some CA members were going to chime in on this.
Hmmm, or maybe they know something and could be in the bids. Maybe holding their cards close. This is gambling after all. :)

/ Are You A Gambler? #13  
My son works in insurance and says absolutely, NO DO NOT BUY ANYTHING BEING SOLD AS "SUSTAINED FLOOD DAMAGE".
Sorry about the yelling there, but that is the way he gave me the advise many years ago.

/ Are You A Gambler? #14  
If you have the shop, time and expertise and the need for such a thing and can save 75% or more then sure. As long as you’re prepared to lose your initial investment. Gambling, as the post title indicates.

You could start a YouTube channel around the assembly and restoration of it.

/ Are You A Gambler? #15  
Iron Planet auction has about 20 brand new Kubotas being auctioned off. All listed as "sustained flood damage March 10". They are all still in their crates. No ideas of high the water got on them or what.
Would you take a chance?
Post a link to the auction

Last edited:
   / Are You A Gambler? #16  
If I gamble it’s generally with very small denominations of money. If I make a substantial bet the odds are going to be in my favor by good margin.

With all of the electronics in things these days, I’d pass unless they are giving them away.

/ Are You A Gambler? #17  
Do you get the wheels and tires and anything else needed to put them together?

/ Are You A Gambler? #18  
Looks like they were under water.
Probably be a bunch of used like new tractors on the jockey lots in the future.
Maybe a goggle search would show this but doubtful.

/ Are You A Gambler?
Do you get the wheels and tires and anything else needed to put them together?
Most likely not. The auction would usually say that was included.
Auctions: As is, where is.

/ Are You A Gambler? #20  
NO - you are simply taking on somebody else's liabilities.