Are tractors waterproof even if they have a cab?

/ Are tractors waterproof even if they have a cab? #1  

future_vision

Gold Member
Tractor
DK6010SE HSA
This might be a completely ridiculous question. But honestly I never thought of it until I busted out the window on my cab. I'm assuming that the underlying tractor is the same as a tractor with ROPs and can be exposed to the weather without worry. Of course there's the issue of a wet seat and puddles on the floorboards but other than that is there anything to be concerned about?

/ Are tractors waterproof even if they have a cab? #2  
Depends on the tractor and the options on it, many tractors with cabs have a completely different layout and panels from the non cabed version.

/ Are tractors waterproof even if they have a cab?
Hmmm. This is a Kioti DK6010SE

/ Are tractors waterproof even if they have a cab? #4  
I guess the question would be if you have a stereo and speakers and whether or not it is waterproof ... Then you have the issue of the vents for heat and air conditioning I would think having water in there wouldn't be ideal ... I would cover that broken window with plastic when park if it was me...

/ Are tractors waterproof even if they have a cab? #5  
I guess the question would be if you have a stereo and speakers and whether or not it is waterproof ... Then you have the issue of the vents for heat and air conditioning I would think having water in there wouldn't be ideal ... I would cover that broken window with plastic when park if it was me...

Good point. I suspect most cab related components and features would not fare well in weather. I think most of the actual tractor components on my machine are just as weather resistant as the rops version.

/ Are tractors waterproof even if they have a cab? #6  
Factory cab tractor is like a car, leaving the windows open/broken out isn't going to help the items that aren't made to get wet.

I'd tape plastic over the window!

/ Are tractors waterproof even if they have a cab? #7  
Basically, the tractor components will be fine. Only the interior parts of the cab itself might be less weather resistant.

/ Are tractors waterproof even if they have a cab? #8  
I have been known to wash the dirt and mud the dash, seat and floor in my cabbed tractor with a hose on occasions as needed . Been doing it for 5 years or so with no apparent downsides. I don't "flood" the dash (I wouldn't on an open tractor either), but ain't particularly cheap with the water on the floor, interior side panels or seat. I have never washed the roof where the speakers and AC outlets are (it has never needed it), and stay away from the gps, back up camera, phone charger connection and utility outlet, all of which I have added. As near as I can tell, with those few exceptions, all the driver's area components are similar if not identical to an open tractor. I have never noticed other brands to utilize different cab specific equipment either. I wouldn't be overly concerned or treat the tractor differently if a door or window were missing, but I would replace it soon just for my comforts sake.

/ Are tractors waterproof even if they have a cab? #9  
The newer tractors have too many bells and whistles to leave open. Dash has more lights. More switches and sensors. Let all that get wet and you'll learn yourself a good lesson. I'd get some good clearish plastic and a roll of gorilla tape and solve that problem.

/ Are tractors waterproof even if they have a cab? #10  
My rear window blew out this last spring, during the rainy season. I kept it tarped. The seat is fabric in my tractor, and although it can probably handle a bit of moisture, I'd rather it not turn to mold. Get the window replaced as soon as possible. As far as everything else goes, why risk it?