Are there any U.S. attachment manufacturers that actually make what they sell?

/ Are there any U.S. attachment manufacturers that actually make what they sell? #1  

queen of spades

Silver Member
I called Leinbach a couple weeks ago to buy a bedder. They told me that there wouldn't be any for 30 days or so. I didn't think to ask them then, but today I called back.. Leinbach do assemble their attachments here, but the steel they use comes from parts unknown. Since it takes 30 days for their parts to arrive it only makes sense that they are buying cheap imported steel from China, and marking up the price of their products accordingly.

Is there any U.S. manufacturer of tractor attachments that uses U.S. steel? I know there are many laid off steelworkers now that would appreciate being put back to work.

/ Are there any U.S. attachment manufacturers that actually make what they sell? #2  
Check out Land Pride made in Kansas good quality.Kobato will finance there
equipment with there tractors. Steel don't know. Framer

/ Are there any U.S. attachment manufacturers that actually make what they sell? #3  
QOS, Jbar builds all their stuff right here in Ga, don't know where they get the steel from tho.

/ Are there any U.S. attachment manufacturers that actually make what they sell? #4  
Is there any U.S. manufacturer of tractor attachments that uses U.S. steel?

LOL... You're joking, right? Other than a few specialty steels and some in-house forging plants, there hasn't been any steel made in the US for over 20 years. What doesn't come from China comes from Mexico or India.

/ Are there any U.S. attachment manufacturers that actually make what they sell? #5  
In my area they let the fire go out and laid off all the steelworkers.

/ Are there any U.S. attachment manufacturers that actually make what they sell? #6  
Approx. 80% of the steel shapes produced in the US are made from "recycled" steel. These are shapes cast in continuous casters at the end of electric furnaces. Don't remeber the tonnage production, but it is substantial. Steel is the most recycled of all amterials globally. Integrated mills were shut down continuously during the 80's and 90's due parly because of economics, and largely due to environmental regulations. Coke batteries (coke is a by-product of coal used in steel making) could not economically pass the Clean Air regulations, so they became obsolete. Without domestic coking, integrated mills were stuck without one of the key steel making ingredients.

There still are integrated mills in the US that make steel from pig iron and coke. Most of this production is specialty sheet steel, used for finish quality applications. USX in Gary used to have one of the worlds largest blast furnaces (D-Furnace) and it was still running the last we knew. There are a handful of furnaces around the country, but nothing like the 70's. But the demise of the integrated mill was not the end of US Steel Production. Mini-Mills, or electric furnace mills picked up where the integrated mills left off, and produce most of the hot-rolled shapes used in the US. Structural Shapes are still mostly "domestrically" produced, although many of the mills are Foreign owned. Check out Nucor-Yamato Steel. Pretty informative website.

/ Are there any U.S. attachment manufacturers that actually make what they sell?
LOL... You're joking, right? Other than a few specialty steels and some in-house forging plants, there hasn't been any steel made in the US for over 20 years. What doesn't come from China comes from Mexico or India.

Dirty Jobs visited a mill in St. Louis a few years ago: Steel Mill Worker from Season 5. Dirty Jobs - Film.com

There is U.S. still available.. there'd be more if we just demand it.

/ Are there any U.S. attachment manufacturers that actually make what they sell?
QOS, Jbar builds all their stuff right here in Ga, don't know where they get the steel from tho.

Well there is only one way to find out. :)

/ Are there any U.S. attachment manufacturers that actually make what they sell? #9  
   / Are there any U.S. attachment manufacturers that actually make what they sell? #10  
United at Redbay Al and and Atlas at Tremont MS makes theres I thing akk the Points are from Italy and India or brazil on the cultivators. I know almost all of uniteds things are made here minus the points.