Are there any mechanics that work on foton tractors having fuel related problems that I can't figure I'm near Cleveland Ohio

/ Are there any mechanics that work on foton tractors having fuel related problems that I can't figure I'm near Cleveland Ohio
When u installed the NAPA filter, did u put the top oring on the filter..??
Or UP IN the filter head.??
It must go UP IN THE FILTER HEAD.. NOT ON the filter..
Are you talking about the large o ring on the perimeter or is there supposed to be another on the center piece that threads in. What started it was it would run for 20 to 30 minutes then shut down like it was running out of fuel I checked the filter and it was about an inch low so I blew my lines out and blew air into tank sediment came out so drained tank cleaned lines no start no fuel to injectors changed injection pump now getting some fuel to injectors no start it will fire with ether but start up could I have messed with timing when I changed the injection pump I'm doing this by feel because I have no manuals thanks for the input I will try to send you a picture

/ Are there any mechanics that work on foton tractors having fuel related problems that I can't figure I'm near Cleveland Ohio
When u installed the NAPA filter, did u put the top oring on the filter..??
Or UP IN the filter head.??
It must go UP IN THE FILTER HEAD.. NOT ON the filter..
It won't work like that unless there's a smaller ring for the center. If you take out large perimeter o ring it won't fit or stay edge of filter is grooved for o ring placement.

I bypassed everything took line straight from tank to injection pump. I am getting fuel to injectors not a lot but some still not starting it doesn't even hit unless you give a shot of ether. Injectors and cleaned them I think and replaced them. Maybe pull one out at a time see if it's spraying ok .lm kinda thinking something screwed up changing the pump because it was running it would just shut down because it was starving for fuel. I would really like to just find someone to repair it. Really aggravated

/ Are there any mechanics that work on foton tractors having fuel related problems that I can't figure I'm near Cleveland Ohio #14  
Is your fuel tank above the Injection Pump?

If not, the IP may not have the ability to "suck" enough fuel to run the engine. There is a lift pump for a reason.

I think the IP needs about 3 to 7 PSI of incoming pressure.

Bob Rooks?

Yes the tank is above the ip with a full tank so it has the pressure of the fuel. Now at one point I even added electric pump to no avail I also have another ip pump from China wanted to check different items out before switching again

/ Are there any mechanics that work on foton tractors having fuel related problems that I can't figure I'm near Cleveland Ohio #16  
Is your fuel tank above the Injection Pump?

If not, the IP may not have the ability to "suck" enough fuel to run the engine. There is a lift pump for a reason.

I think the IP needs about 3 to 7 PSI of incoming pressure.

Bob Rooks?
The mechanical lift pumps can be problematic. This video was taken before I went to the electric pump. Note that the mechanical pump can't maintain pressure when the engine speed increases, and this would only get worse under load when the rack opens up more.

/ Are there any mechanics that work on foton tractors having fuel related problems that I can't figure I'm near Cleveland Ohio #17  

/ Are there any mechanics that work on foton tractors having fuel related problems that I can't figure I'm near Cleveland Ohio #18  
Just to clarify.

There is a pressure relief valve in the IP that keeps incoming fuel to about 40 to 55 PSI?

This valve was failing and dumping pressure in the 15# range until you replaced it?

In the first video, as the engine rev'ed up, was the IP actually drawing fuel faster than the lift pump could provide it.

IP pumps seem to be simple yet finicky.

I am curious as to where you tapped into the system to attach the gauges in the two videos.

Thanks for the post!

/ Are there any mechanics that work on foton tractors having fuel related problems that I can't figure I'm near Cleveland Ohio #19  
Just to clarify.

There is a pressure relief valve in the IP that keeps incoming fuel to about 40 to 55 PSI?

This valve was failing and dumping pressure in the 15# range until you replaced it?

In the first video, as the engine rev'ed up, was the IP actually drawing fuel faster than the lift pump could provide it.

IP pumps seem to be simple yet finicky.

I am curious as to where you tapped into the system to attach the gauges in the two videos.

Thanks for the post!

There are two types of relief/ball-check valves used. They are nominally set around 10 psig. The one with the hex plug is "adjustable" by stretching the spring. These are located on the outlet side of the injection pump fuel cavity. The main purpose is to maintain a positive aerated free flooded fuel supply to the barrel and plunger assemblies, while preventing any flow back from the fuel return line.

Attachments

• IMGA0886.JPG
    IMGA0886.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMGA0887.JPG
    IMGA0887.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMGA0888.JPG
    IMGA0888.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 56
   / Are there any mechanics that work on foton tractors having fuel related problems that I can't figure I'm near Cleveland Ohio #20  
Pretty poor pic, but this is the temporary gauge installation. For the vacuum gauge - between the sediment bowl and lift pump suction. For the pressure gauge - between the lift pump discharge and the injection pump (I used a refrigeration line tap on the metal tubing).

Attachments

• IMGA0858.JPG
    IMGA0858.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Dozer fuel by-pass.jpg
    Dozer fuel by-pass.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50