Are Montana's capable of foundation excavation?

/ Are Montana's capable of foundation excavation?
Re: Are Montana\'s capable of foundation excavation?

Current project is 5 acres, next project is a 50'x100' building on a 100' x 125' lot. Again sloping but this time just level the lot in two steps and dig footer trench which will step down but no basement.

/ Are Montana's capable of foundation excavation? #12  
Re: Are Montana\'s capable of foundation excavation?

For what you are wanting to do John I would seriously look at the TLB 110 from Deere. It's a smaller unit that can also be used as a tractor. However it's a dedicated backhoe too which will make your jobs much easier. The loader is self-leveling which will let you do grade work ten times easier than conventional loaders on any of the tractor loaders. If you're looking for something cheaper and don't need it as a tractor I would look around for a good used backhoe with a hoe extension. The work you're describing can be done by a tractor but a backhoe is going to serve your needs much better for site work.

And yes it could be done with a backhoe on a montana tractor but your results are going to be much better and faster with more of a dedicated backhoe unit.

What I would suggest is go rent both of them on separate days. Any equipment rental place should have both for rent. If you have some good dealers by you have them let you try them on for size. I think you'll find the difference night and day.